What type of shower

Sponsored Links
@A_Novice can you give the incoming pipe a clean, looks like it's blue at the bottom??

forgot to add the pressure at the street is 38m/h.

IMG_20191009_112410.jpg

Last edited:
That wouldn't be 38m head would it? 3.8 bar?

@A_Novice ... Would be good to get a 'bar' pressure reading from inside the house after the mains lever valve, 1st with nothing running (static) and 2nd with 2 cold outlets running at the same time (dynamic).

Sponsored Links
Yes i think its m head.

I would have to get the plumber back to measure the pressures.

One thing worth noting is the flow start off very good and then drops off. I have read this indicates a blockage somewhere. In my case I would have thought the main water line.

I'm not sure how the outside tap has dropped from 12 to 9 /lm. The plumber has possibly put in two extra turns from the main pipe into the house.

You flow isn't just dictated by your pipework. In areas that have typically local low mains dynamic pressure then higher district usage can show up as a noticeable drop in your supply as lower L/min. Different times of days can affect the pressure delivered to your location too and therefore flow.

You need to have the dynamic mains pressure checked at the mains valve, does it deliver what the street is registering at, that way you rule out your system as a contributer. It may be the 3.8 bar at the mains may be a static pressure reading and the mains dynamic delivery might be rubbish, especially if there is a drop off, a mains pump may sort that out but it all needs tested.

TBH though your plumber should know all of this and should already be doing it, he should also really be bending and soldering especially on the mains to maximise flow if there's a flow issue and not flinging pushfit everywhere IMO.

would a Salamander Homeboost actually work in my situation?

I can't see how it can improve things as surely can only work with whats coming in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back