What work is outside the scope of Part P?

Adam

Yes, it would come under impact damage.

Thinking about it, PP prevents installation of new circuits without notification, but you can add what you like.

So, maybe you could miraculously find a ring with one outlet on it and extend it to suit...???

Sponsored Links
Except in kitchens! No additions allowed.

However, it does look as though you could move one, So maybe now is the time to add a few spare sockets down the back of your units. Then you can 'move' them on top of the counter if you need them in the future.

Have challenged the NIC about their misleading list of what is and is not notifiable..... There was lots of "No, I'm right", then lots of umming and ahhing, then a conference call between different depts of the NIC then finally a climb-down.

Why is the NIC lying about what work you can do without the need for notification? They are deliberately narrowing the list of what can be done without the need for a certified spark or LA intervention.

I wonder......?

Sponsored Links
Surely SS you have to go down the self certify route ? Will it be that difficult ?
There will be lots of extra cost I am sure ... Instrument calibration and certification from whom ? Are there labs conforming to laid down procedures, time intervals, specified - by whom ?

Be interesting to see the Insurance requirements on this once P is up and running. ..... "yew passed this job without the properly calibrated and certified equipment .... The certificate yew presented is a forgery .. The house has burned down and due to no specific cause being found we have followed the advice from sparkys pre-P and put it down to electrical fault(s) due to poor installation ..... Pay up loads of dosh and move to poverty pleese."
I do not think it was ever on the cards to ban diyers .. then carry on as normal ... every one is gonna pay in one way or another !!

P

Back