What would be a reasonable cost for installing this boiler?

Sponsored Links
So you are converting from header tanks to a combi and moving
the boiler up into the loft space.

£650 is a bargain.

Only problem is he does not have the powerflush equipment... If a powerflush is £400 I may be better off risking it since a new boiler is only £700? I have a manga clean as well and if it's installed in the loft I guess it's harder for dirt to get up there...

£650 is a bargain.

Only problem is he does not have the powerflush equipment... If a powerflush is £400 I may be better off risking it since a new boiler is only £700? I have a manga clean as well and if it's installed in the loft I guess it's harder for dirt to get up there...

Don't worry about the power flushing. Stuff some chemicals in and let it circulate around week before boiler gets install. Then flush it out with the mains. Job done. Bite his hand off with a quote of only £650.

Sponsored Links
£700 for a boiler sounds cheap!!!! What model? I'm with a above, I'd fit for £400 plus vat and sundries a day plus no gurantee, I'd supply and fit for less that day rate as I'd make on boiler.

£650 is a bargain.

Whats the warranty on that boiler? You will need it flushed to validate that.
Doesn't make any sense not to flush it, your still need it installed and flushed if you buy another boiler.
The price of £650 is cheap but corners are being cut, £900-1100 would be fair in my opinion.

Mmmm, you are converting to a combi? What are you going to do for a hot water backup when you get a breakdown?

Unfortunately it's people like yourself that are making me turn to a living out of repairing rather than installing new boilers. Too many muppets doing for mickey mouse money and half a jam sandwich.
If it wasn't for the fact I have three kids under 5 I'd be changing careers and getting out of the industry :rolleyes:

Whilst a stack of MUGS stroll on into our game thinking it's 100k a year

£650 a good price, dont forget he will prob have two of them on job so that split...

Power flush ideally, but if you do be aware that once system clean, old rads might show holes, they might look nice on the painted surface, but could be rotting underneath (seen this happen alot after a flush), plus a sealed system on much higher pressure than yours now (1-1.5 bar compared to less than well under half a bar now). If you so wish you could clean each of the rads out yourself afterwards to save coin on power flush, isolate either side and take off wall out back then flush with hose giving them good old band with rubber mallet (not good as power flush but better than nothing if system if clogged up).

Magnaclean always good idea, well I like the new spirotech (ones with magnet in) but that down to personal choice. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back