what would u guys do

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been reading the forum for years but this is my first post, heres my story,im 29, ive been working for a company as an approved electrician for 13 years, served my apprentiship with jtl and i have my testing and inspecting.

About 4 years ago i broke my leg badly and as a resul ive been struggling at work, have had several operations and have just been told i need to stop the manual side of my job or i'll be walking with sticks by the time 40 due to stress on my knees and hips.

Ive recently been left a decent amount of money and was wondering wat route you guys would go down regarding a future job, as i wouldnt mind staying in the industry 1 way or another, as ive done this since i left school.

Any advice would help because to be honest im panicking abit!!!!!

Sponsored Links
I presume you've thought about trying to get into the office to do pricing/design, or is the company not that big?

Have you considered becoming a teacher/tutor at college? Or taking the HNC/D route to something?

Sponsored Links
If I had capital I would buy and sell cars on a grander scale, i have very successful friends that do this. I know it isn't related to electrical work but who knows, a headlight lamp may need replacing on some of them,

the company i work for only has 10 sparks and 2 guys in the office so movin in to the pricing side of it with my current company wouldnt really be an option, i have enquired though. I am giving some serious thought into the tutoring/teaching side of things but im not really sure about what re-training i would need.
Failing that i might just move to the sun.......... and leave the wife and kids behind!!! :LOL:

If you are wanting to stay in the industry albeit not a physical crawling around loft jobs the HNC/D route as said above is a good route to getting a technical support type job with a company.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back