WHATS A FULL SERVICE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can you tell what a full service is on a combi boiler other than cleaning it out with a vac

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Put a towel over electrics, put a square shaped container over the buners, pour water through heat exchanger fins and watch the ****te that comes out, saves all that rodding through every little fin and breathing the bloddy dust in.

All gas appliances have to have the manufacturers instruction left at the site in there is the correct way to service that particular model as recommended by the manufacturer, but apart from cleaning its basically check that all settings are correct and that all safety devices work and all regs are met.

I am sure somebody ( might have been ChrisR) posted a list of the items that they check when carrying out a Full services in earlier post
Webmaster - why was this checklist removed ?

ChrisR – if it was you posted the list, can you please repost it

I didn't post a list, but mine gos:

1 Prelim. electrical checks, fuse rating and earth continuity

2 Visual inspection of appliance, clearances, suitable materials, any signs of damage etc.

3 correct operation

4 burner pressure, flame supervision device and initial exhaust emissions test

5 remove case and visually check the seal

6 vacuum and brush out burner, heat exchanger and pilot and check for any water leaks

7 Bit of fan spray in the bearings

8 reassemble, fire up, check gas tightness of disturbed joints, check case seal tight, check flame picture

9 check the operation again, emissions test again and run prelim. electrical checks again

This is just for an annual service on a fan flued, electronic ignition, room sealed combi......insert tea and biscuits between 1 and 5

I don't think I posted a list. There are forms you can buy from corgi etc with a pretty full list on.

'ski's number 3 covers a multitude - how far do go into checking say an overheat stat works before the thing boils, or that a pressure relief valve works at 3 bar (after which it'll probably leak!).

Every 3 years or so it would be good to clean the fan, and check/ recharge the pressure vessel.

Some people change thermocouples every year, others argue against it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back