What's annoyed you?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above, what's annoyed you ? Plenty of things annoy me but lately, it’s trying to talk to someone in a large corporation. In the last week I’ve been hanging on the phone for over 45 minutes at a time trying to get to talk to actual people in several banks, an insurance company, the AA and several car hire firms. It never used to be like that, did it?

Sponsored Links
I feel your pain. Meaningless recorded messages that staff are working from home and/or they are experiencing high volumes of calls. Nah you don't say... It's only been over 2 years that excuse is worn out.

Recorded messages trying to mug you off on the website. If I could answer my query from the website I wouldn't be ringing now would I?

I've worked for one company before where let's just say the automated menu and hold pattern was setup so that customers were discouraged from holding for an agent.

Problem is call centres are setup in such a way that staff are penalised for doing the right thing and spending lots of time sorting one customer put in favour of bouncing as many calls as possible.

Hate the game not the players...

"Your call is important to us, all of our customer service personnel are really rather busy at the moment. So please press 1 for 45mins ofGreensleeves or press 2 for somebody who is very nice but totally useless, & please remember that we are so cheap that we cannot afford post sales customer service . . . . And YOU are the one who chose US".

Sponsored Links
New law in Spain.

Quote....
Spain aims to end the anguish by requiring companies to attend to customers within three minutes. The government has approved a draft bill setting the three-minute limit and giving consumers the right to be attended by a person, not a chatbot, Consumer Rights Minister Alberto Garzon said on Tuesday.

British government should do something similar.

New law in Spain.

Quote....
Spain aims to end the anguish by requiring companies to attend to customers within three minutes. The government has approved a draft bill setting the three-minute limit and giving consumers the right to be attended by a person, not a chatbot, Consumer Rights Minister Alberto Garzon said on Tuesday.

British government should do something similar.
Don't tell me....Spain is doing something for the good of the people?

If a success, this will probably be adopted EU-wide and then we........oh hang on a minute.....Damn!

As above, what's annoyed you ? Plenty of things annoy me but lately, it’s trying to talk to someone in a large corporation. In the last week I’ve been hanging on the phone for over 45 minutes at a time trying to get to talk to actual people in several banks, an insurance company, the AA and several car hire firms. It never used to be like that, did it?

Even worse than that, is when you do manage to get to speak to them, only to find they have out sourced to a country where English is not the first language. I make a point of trying to avoid such companies and give my business to companies which employ UK English speakers.

suns is out

everything is good with the world

nothing is annoying me at all

Flick me ........ you spend the whole week moaning about deportations , brexit, the Torys ........ yet everything it spot on in Notch's world.... pinch me

Pinch me just to make sure I wasn't Dreaming

My Brother laser printer. I bought it because it would work with 3rd party toners. Now they've updated the driver so it doesn't.
A set of Brother toners is about the same price as the printer, £2xx.
I may buy one genuine toner to squeal at them with to tell me the new override keypresses,
or I'll ditch the thing.
I've already put £300 of pirate toner through it - at 30% Brothers prices.

Sponsored Links
Back