Whats happened to the moral self regulation on this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot more interesting stuff I would like to post, but I'm being cautious as:
a) A lot of people seem to be angry about it
b) I've been threatened with legal action

I find it very odd that one hand I'm being told no one will ever exploit anything I publish, but if I publish it, it's deleted from forums.

On this forum it flows through PMs, that's fine you see because alarm fitters can keep it to themselves. The activist in me asks who says the public are not entitled to know what they are sold as security.

Sponsored Links
I am sure all the homeowners out there who I have had no contact with at all who have gone out and purchased a Yale alarm and fitted it themselves will be thrilled and delighted with your actions. They must see you as some kind of superhero..... or maybe just a knob.

I just don't get this. On one thread, you are telling me vulnerabilities in alarms will never get exploited - these alarms are just an deterrent to the opportunistic thief - but you don't want these vulnerabilities made public?

• Thanks
Reactions: dpt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back