whats have i done wrong

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there

problem is.. theres a ring going around the first floor of the house... in my bedroom i changed a single socket to a double.. i have a radio alarm plugged into it.. i also took a spur of this to the other side of the room to a new double socket... (about 8 metres) i tested all the sockets they seemed ok, however now one side of the spur doesn't work...
i tried it with a lamp and heard a staticy noise and now it just doesn't work...
other side seems to work fine which my t.v is plugged into..

any idea what may be up..

p.s there all brandnew mk switches..

thanks guys

Sponsored Links
loose connection? damaged cable?

if you mean that on the double socket one side works and one side doesn't, take it off and fit a new socket. might be a damaged switch. all other connections inside the socket are metal strips.

but first check another appliance on that side in case it is the appliance, flex or plug that is faulty (this seems more likely to me)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back