whats on my filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its new cylinder time, these came with really long warranty's so it might still be covered, contact Megaflo and dont let them fob you off

Sponsored Links
Aw naw. Ok i will try to phone megaflo and explain the situation. I get my full system serviced every year but not specifically the cylinder. Also i do have Scottish Power heating system cover... would this cover a replacement if Megaflo didnt?

not sure , I think they offered cover as an extra but not really sure, you would have to look out your policy.
Edit just looked at their Policies and they only cover vented cylinders yours is an unvented cylinder

Last edited:
Hi Ian. Yeah just saw the same.. hopefully Megaflo will come out ok..

Sponsored Links
Out of interest how old is your cylinder? Mine is cracking on for 13 years and clearly these things have a finite life...

So I called this morning and was told that it is probably an element issue which is chargeable and the only thing covered by the warranty would be the inner cylinder splitting. It would be 250 for a parts and labour callout or 22/mth for a plan.
Any advice on how to proceed as i thought there were other potential issues. Would be great to have some words to put to Heatrae.

The element is not made of any form of Plastic and that is what is in your filter, it is the membrane breaking down

Is it possible they could fit a Y strainer to the HW outlet with an Iso valve or two for quick cleaning and just let the membrane break down and fit an external portable expansion vessel?

I think i will pay the money for them to come out and then deal with the warranty from there

Just make sure the 250 actually covers any issue with the cylinder, and not everything except the membrane or something daft like that.

Hi All.
UPDATE: Baxi engineer came today and confirmed the baffle is degrading. They are going to provide me with a new cylinder for no charge although i will need to get it fitted myself. Also I had taken the direct debit option so they are going to cancel that. No charge again. Not a bad result really.

Thanks to all for your help as without it I would not be any the wiser.
Note to self.... unvented cylinders require yearly service just like the boiler! This is not made very clear by the manufacturer or by my current maintenance provider.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back