What's that shop you go into to buy one item and leave with a basket full?

Sponsored Links
I have a B and M near where I live. I popped in when they first opened and soon noticed that the end cap prices on the shelves did not relate to the products on the shelves. I used to have to use my phone to go their website to find out the true prices.

For example, under bottles of coca-cola it would say £X but that price was for the smaller bottle that they don't have on the shelves.

I did email the company. Their response was "we haven't been open very long". I replied that 3 months should be long enough to sort the problems out. In the past when I have mentioned the mismatch to members of staff, they just give me the "I don't care look".

A year later I pointed out that the issue still existed.

I do not use that branch anymore.

I do not think that they are intentionally ripping people off but if they can't be bothered to employ staff that check the end price caps against the product, then I can't be bothered to use my phone to check the price of items that I intend to buy.

Sponsored Links
Here we go again................................................................................................

Andy

We have a 'Factory Shop' locally, which I sometimes have a wander round when I have nothing better to do. Almost nothing is marked up with it's price, leaving customers to guess. One place I enter with a paper list is Lidl, but I almost always come out with double or more the items I went in for, all food stuff I hasten to add.

Don't go shopping for food when you're hungry!

I was shopping in B & Q and the shelf edge labels were all over the place, so I got a trolley-full of stuff and went to the check -out. I explained that I wanted a price-check for the items before I would decide if I wanted them or not.

I got accused of wasting her time, so I asked for the manager. I told him that I had worked in several retail establishments from 1985 on, including B & Q. I told him that the first thing I was taught was to present the products neatly for the customer and make sure the shelf edge labels were correct in description and price.

I told him I was surprised that that store sold anything at all given it was a complete shambles.

He was rather taken aback.

Sponsored Links
Back