What's the best biscuit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During a recent conversation (with British Gas actually, but that's probably irrelevant) I was told that the most important thing to remember when having people in to do work in a house is to provide plenty of biscuits. In fact, I always do provide some, but I'm not a great biscuit-eater myself and I'm never sure what to buy. So, at the risk of sounding like Richard Briars in Ever Decreasing Circles (and I know that really shows my age) I would like to know if there's any consensus on the best kind of biscuit to get? For example, is it best to go for chocolate ones or plain ones? A perhaps silly question, but I offer it in all seriousness. (My mum always used to mix up a batch of scones but I'm not much of a cook.)

Sponsored Links
You can't go wrong with a good old Malted Milk or Shortcake style biscuit.

On a personal note I believe the HobNob to be the king of biscuits (although HobNob creams come a close second)

Of course theres the stock standard Custard Cream or Bourbon to consider too...

Best to get a "biscuit barrel pack" and cover all eventualities.

BoxBasher said:
Best to get a "biscuit barrel pack" and cover all eventualities.

Thanks, Box, will run out to get one now. There's a guy coming later to do a bit of plastering. :D

Sponsored Links
You see, this is what I love about this forum. You can't visit it without learning something. Thanks, guys. John, not too sure about the potato digestives :D

any biscuits are always appreciated. dont go for fancy foreign ones tough.
we started a job today, where well be for two weeks. The customers wife sent him down the cash and carry to stock up on biccies for us! came out with various chocolate fingers etc. Now thats the way to keep us happy! :LOL:

JAFFA CAKES?

Hell no..... sent from the devil those things.

My favourites are.... in order

Rich Tea
Hob Nobs (Chocolate coated)
Ginger Nuts
Hob Nobs (au naturel)
Them German (or Swedish or.....non British ones that are half chocolate half non chocolate.)
Digestive
Fig Rolls
Garibaldy (sic)
Bourbon

The rest I dont really like.

David

I am of the opinion they a suitable for someone like Ian Huntley.

I will literally projective vomit if Im with a 100 foot radius of the things.

Truffles smell bad but taste good. Those jaffa things are just plain bad, evil and a home wrecker. America has Meth... we have Jaffa Cakes.

David

Soggy_weetabix said:
America has Meth... we have Jaffa Cakes.

Eat around the orange bit then throw it at someones face. If you lick first it sticks really well!

Sponsored Links
Back