Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Winding people up?

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
Typical GD shortsighted options list.

Why is there not a "useful information" option. :rolleyes:

I don't know if you lot are aware, but DIY-not is made up of a majority of sections whereby you can contribute something useful.

Sponsored Links
why not a section of anecdotes, experiences that each of us has had, that you can share with others.

Wotan

Am I right in assuming ima added the last one for him/her self?.....;)

My favorite kind of posts are the ones that pretty much lets you say what you want without causing offence to others. However , during my very short time on this site , I can't help feel that some of the discussions are being altered and changed for minor reasons. For example so-called swear words such as **** or ****. Words that offend no one except the most prude. I have noticed DIYNOT is predominantly an adult site in the sense that there are no allowances made for younger contributers. You have people talking about building works , electrical work , plumbing etc , all or most of which are carried out by men in a mans world , ( no offence to women who are just as adept and capable as mer !!!!!!!! ) , but words like **** and **** are altered!. A forum by definition is a place where open and frank discussions can take place without fear of recriminations. But I fully aknowledge that this site has been going for way far longer than my contributions and given the number of members , very sucessfuly , so perhaps my point holds no water. It's just an observation from a newbie!

Even tits (titts) are on the swear filter. Fook knows why. :rolleyes:

Even **** (titts) are on the swear filter. Fook knows why. :rolleyes:

Universal, out of the box, swear filter prog. I work for a company where the language filter doesn't allow us to use the name of out largest competitor because it finds it offensive... It boggles the brain cells!

For example so-called swear words such as s**t or p**s. Words that offend no one except the most prude. I have noticed DIYNOT is predominantly an adult site in the sense that there are no allowances made for younger contributers. You have people talking about building works , electrical work , plumbing etc , all or most of which are carried out by men in a mans world

Generally DIY is not carried out by kids hence no real reason for them searching for this site never mind posting on it so i don't really know what allowances you refer to, but this is where your post gets confusing, you acknowledge this being and adult based site, wonder why there are no allowances for younger posters but then question why you can't post swear words :rolleyes:

They have Myface and spacebook to play on anyway :LOL:

A nice set of mammary glands doesn't quite do it for me.

Sponsored Links
Back