Whats your speed?

S

Sombrero

Given the M6/M1/M25 is quiet, what's your preferred speed?

i seem to settle at 95.......not clever i admit, but i never caused a pile up yet?!

(#askinfortrouble)

Sponsored Links
so your be looking forward to the various speeding fines that may well be winging there way to you.

old argument aint it.nothing on the motorway and your going over the speed limit,and your still get nicked and potential driving without due care/dangerous driving.

bear in mind now that they have anpr cameras that can read from miles away,also they have average speed cameras dotted around that means you can go a 100mph from 1 but by the time you get to the other you have to slow down to about 10mph to average the national speed limit other wise you get fined.

I've been on motorways at fairly busy times and have been doing 70 on the inside or second lane, only to be overtaken by others obviously doing 80+ in the outside lane. Sometimes I've been doing 75-80mph just keeping up with normal traffic. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
i don't like being overtaken... by anyone.. even those with flashing blue coloured lights.... #howrude !

rarely below 90... where's the crime in that? i'm not upsetting anyone am i?

I used to find 80 seemed like a natural speed to drive in good conditions and in light traffic.

Over the last few months, however, my better half has twice been snapped speeding (38 in a 30 limit and 58 in a 50 limit), both not being ridiculous speeds but, nevertheless incurring £60 and 6 points a go.

I'm now getting used to driving at between 60 and 70 and, to be quite honest, don't feel that I'm getting where I'm going in a much longer time.

85mph is in general a natural speed (for me) on motorways, though it does depend on the car. Though it's not as safe as it used to be with all these lorries now pulling out with little notice into lanes going 20mph faster. You have to have your wits about you.

95 is asking for a ticket especially in some counties where they seem to take great pleasure in nicking people on motorways. You also only have to drift a few mph higher and you are looking at an automatic ban. Fuel consumption also significantly higher.

Safe speed is relative to how far you can see and how long it would take if you needed to stop.
Its also dependent on your vehicle being roadworthy and you actually paying attention and not scrolling through songs on your iphone.

I have driven over the speed limit many times on Mways and never been a hazard.

However I have also driven way below the limit when I have decided conditions were innapropriate. ie heavy rain or fog.

I am always dismayed to find other drivers overtaking me in those scenarious and driving at the limit (particularly HGVs) because they obviously dont have the brains to make reasoned decisions.

I would cite HGVs tailgaiting each other and swapping lanes without giving enough warning and lane switchers/hoppers as being the main dangers on a motorway not speeding drivers.

rarely below 90... where's the crime in that? i'm not upsetting anyone am i?
Lol, trolling in your own thread.....good one!
....Ok, i'll bite.

The motorways are 'rarely' empty yet you 'rarely' go below 90 and hate being overtaken.
You're the worst kind of driver. But you probably think you're a great driver and could easily avoid a collision at such high speeds cos of your mad driving skillz?!

Have you reached puberty yet?

I notice you are in Avon which is my old patch so beware of that new two mile stretch of motorway they have just opened to ease traffic at the M4/M5 junction.TWELVE cameras in TWO miles :eek:

I just put me cruise control on in every speed restricted area i go in, just so as my foot doesn't get over heavy.

I admit it's easy to think you're trundling along when doing on a motorway, and i do often go up to 85 on the way back from Sheffield at 10.30pm on a thurs night.

Speeding in a 30 zone is proven to be the most dangerous and that's why they readily hand out the tickets and fines.

yep same here, anything below a 60, stick it on cruise (at the indicated max speed usually !!)

I don't take speed, but thank you for your concern.

Sponsored Links
Back