Where do I stand Legally (Pay a Cowboy??)

What has this got to do with the original post? You two should have long since started a new topic to conduct your discussion, and not hijack topics to conduct your domestics.

Sponsored Links
Well it's these coffee lounge drifitng styles of conversation that make a place worth visiting.

oilman said:
What has this got to do with the original post? You two should have long since started a new topic to conduct your discussion, and not hijack topics to conduct your domestics.
Quite so. The hijack started here:

oilman said:
Extrapolations like that don't do much for your credibility.
:D

Softus what can I do to prove to an arsehole like you that I am a lawyer. I cannot ID myself for fear of lunatics such as you seeking me out whilst I am working!

++++++
I fear this thread has drifted away from the original topic and is degenerating into bad-temper and abuse.

Can we all give it a rest please.

Softus usually complains when I take out bad-tempered or non-constructive posts or lock a valueless thread, but please be aware that I probably will.

Mod Rupert
+++++

Sponsored Links
Softus

So that makes you an Idiot, A******e, and a lunatic it must be true a lawyer told us

;)

Fin said:
Softus what can I do to prove to you that I am a lawyer.
OK Fin. Let's try and keep your reasonable question on the straight and narrow...

IMHO, and for the benefit of any onlooking moderator(s), the question of whether or not you are a lawyer is still pertinent to the topic, because the OP sought advice and you are offering it, professionally.

So, in answer to you question, I have some reasonable, good temperated and polite suggestions for impersonal information that you could provide. Of course you could make up the answers, but I don't see the point in that.

1. What qualification did you gain?
2. Where did you gain that qualiffication?
3. Did you take/pass the Bar exam?
4. If so, which Inn of Court did you join?
3. Where (and please be aware that I know of the resource that you're likely to use) do you look up case law online?
4. Do you ever make representation in court?
5. If so, what was the last case (leaving out all identifying detail) that you took on?
6. Also if so, Civil, Majistrates or Crown?
7. What was the ruling (again, without the identifying detail)?

You should be able to answer all of these without giving anything away.

Fin said:
I am a lawyer:

If you think she has a case you can use set off but what loss has she?
Softus said:
Surely, to a lawyer, it is obvious that she will have uninsured losses, e.g. the policy excess, and that she has a reasonable claim for the suffering and inconvenience caused by the flooding?
Fin said:
Softus what can I do to prove to you that I am a lawyer.
Softus said:
I have some reasonable, good tempered and polite suggestions for impersonal information that you could provide...
Fin said:
No it was free and self evident!

:?: :confused:

LLB BL QLTT
College of Law Guildford & Chancery Lane
Yes Coll of Law Chancery lane Qltt to become a solicitor
Grays
I dont I use Blackstones Archbold and Stones
Daily
GBH and a Theft today
Mags today Crown Monday Do not do civil now so no county
No ruling as procedural applications

Have I passed?

Certainly. I hereby admit to being wrong. However...

Given that your advice on a civil matter was rather poor, viz:

Fin said:
If you think she has a case you can use set off but what loss has she?
...can you understand why I doubted your credibility?

First you need to trust and then you will accept that I may know a little more than you. I did do Civil for a long time and for what its worth I also did a little pro-bono and still do for hard up motorists.

There will also be more pro-bono with the changes to legal aid :(

Well thanks for coming along and please don't go.

My university girlfriend Stella Collins did law at uni and then went to Guildford, you didn't bump into her did you?

I read Economics at the university of hull when it was a university, but that was a long time ago, economists are still useless at it, I recognised that right away and never had any belief in the science so I was no good at it and moved on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back