Where do I stand Legally (Pay a Cowboy??)

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Fin, can you point me to a web site where lawyers will give some simple free advice just as plumbers do here?
A masterpiece of understated dramatic irony - I doff my hat to you Agile.

Softus I was going to answer but I just realised that an idiot like you would still fail to understand.

Agile - still having probs with your attitude?

Fin said:
an idiot like you
Is that your professional legal opinion?

big77ja8.gif
big24kp2.gif

Sponsored Links
sime10 said:
I will have to look in the free legal advice forums

There is none!

Lawyers like to receive free advice from other trades but dont give any themselves!

Edit to correct grammar as so eminently popinted out by Softus ®

So Softus are you an idiot or has a superb legal represenTITive just slandered you?

Actually I had good results of free advice from a lawyer. My son's school friends dad. I was about to go to court had a chat with him, he explained what would likely happen, I chose to stay out of court and got a settlement that was a compromise. He never asked any payment and he gave advise to the highest level like Agile and Softus do here :D SO when he rang me with a leak in the bathroom, just a new diaphragm and seal up the cistern properly, I didn't charge him.

Accountants otoh........... Naomi's school friends' mum is an accountant. I asked her a very simple question, she gave me a card and said make an appointment. And come to think of it I went and changed a tyre for her gratis when she was in a fix.

Similarly my ex accountant charged me over £100 for setting up a web based account with the inland revenue for Payroll. There was no warning of this, just a bill landed on the mat. Now I figure they did no more than we do when we gwn, so I recon next accountant that gets a new gas appliance fitted gets a bill few weeks later, £100, setting up gwn on the tinternet. I can't see a flaw in that, if they can do it so can we. As for the uinhelpful school friends mum with amnesia about help she's received when asked a simple question?

Reminds me of the tramp joke, tramp trudging along, sees a posh geezer get into a roller, taps him for the price of a cup of tea. Posh geazer sas "never a borrower nor a lender be, George Bernard Shaw. A little along the road roller gets a puncture, tramp comes trudging along, rooler driver says " I say old chap you couldn't help me get this wheel nut undone could you?" tramp says "eff u see k off, DH Lawrence"

Someone who pretended to be a lawyer said:
Paul you are wasting your time with the 2 divs!
If you hear a buzzing noise somewhere way above your head, that's the sound of you missing the point. ;)

If you're really a lawyer (which of course you're not), then you're the stupidest one in the History of The Universe and you really ought to hand in your badge and weapon!

Agile said:
Edit to correct grammar as so eminently popinted out by Softus ®
Popinted?

®?

FYI:

[code:1]95.—(1) It is an offence for a person—
(a) falsely to represent that a mark is a registered trade mark, or
(b) to make a false representation as to the goods or services for which a trade mark is registered
knowing or having reason to believe that the representation is false.

(2) For the purposes of this section, the use in the United Kingdom in relation to a trade mark—
(a) of the word "registered", or
(b) of any other word or symbol importing a reference (express or implied) to registration,
shall be deemed to be a representation as to registration under this Act unless it is shown that the reference is to registration elsewhere than in the United Kingdom and that the trade mark is in fact so registered for the goods or services in question.

(3) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.
[/code:1]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back