where does everyone buy their tools from on the net?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder where everyone gets their tools from online? I'm always looking for a bargain so it's always good to know as many sources as possible! I know a few places that have been good in the past.. screwfix is the obvious example, but I find some of the smaller places offer much better value and service!

Sponsored Links
I can tell you a place not to buy from - Transtools.co.uk. Poor delivery and even worse customer support. The website claims the call handlers are helpful and knowledgeable about the products and orders, but the order tracking is non existant, and they never call you back. Avoid...

HandyHands said:
I can tell you a place not to buy from - Transtools.co.uk. Poor delivery and even worse customer support. The website claims the call handlers are helpful and knowledgeable about the products and orders, but the order tracking is non existant, and they never call you back. Avoid...
I quite agree, I got a dodgy worktop jig from them that resulted in a scraped worktop - they weren't the slightest bit interested. :evil:

Sponsored Links
I use my local tool shop for absolutely everything, except for my Rubi cutter 'cos they can't get hold of those.

i use my local tp tool hire to buy the tools or another local tool shop. they both do me good deals as i get most of my stuff from there. they even repair stuff etc for free for me (sometimes). i use mainly toolstation for bits and bobs such as fixings ec and sometimes screwfix.

D&M tools twickenham, delivery way too fast for me ! Look out for deals, not always the cheapest. Toolstation are good, Axminster are good, sell a slightly off norm set of tools, great for wood working stuff, even good old screwfix are good after having gone through a very ropey patch when relocating their warehouse a couple of years back :D

just dont buy youre paslode from any of them! :LOL:

had a thought eddie, it may be the driving rod on the gun could be slightly bent, so its not picking the odd nail up properly.

that's great thanks guys - i'll check some of these out. I find recommendations are the most useful way to know how good a place is. A lot of places are really great on price, but so useless on service - no point in getting something really cheap if they can't get it to you, or not help if something goes wrong!

My recommendations would be;

Axminster - used them a few times, always had good service and some good deals - i see most of you seem to find the same

The Toolbag (www.thetoolbag.com) - used to use these a bit online, but their site doesn't seem to work anymore - just says to phone them instead, which is a shame as they had quite a well laid out site. Did anyone else ever use these?

Powertools2u (www.powertools2u.co.uk) - I first used these cos a mate recommended them for how cheap they were - they seem really great on price for most of their power tools especially, and always seem to be doing deals with freebies etc - great service too which was refreshing! Has anyone ever used these as well?

I've never used transtools and don't think I will based on what you say!

Axminster have never let me down usually my first choice.
D&M (twickenham) i drop into if im working near by.
Screwfix delivery i rate 9-10 just need to be aware that they stock a mix a good and poor quality products.

Impact power tools in Redhill always have plenty going on on eBay.

Deluks said:
Impact power tools in Redhill always have plenty going on on eBay.

my local tool shop!!!! build up a rapour for around 18% extra discount ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back