where does everyone buy their tools from on the net?

big-all said:
my local tool shop!
I thought I was all alone in the world with that opinion. Thanks big-all.

One day all of those people who buy things on the 'net will drive past shuttered-up shops and bemoan the lost of the traditional High Street. And tradespeople who use Screwgits should be ashamed of themselves for (a) marshalling money away from their local community and (b) chipping into the fund that will supply the coffin for the local merchant that they rely on when in a hurry.

Sponsored Links
For general materials few, maybe even non of my local merchants can beat my local Screwfix trade counter (which provides local jobs, and allows local builders to do local work), and is open longer than my local merchants too - providing a local service.

Not even the trade only merchants with discount will beat Screwfix's fixings prices.

There will always be a high street, and local outlets for essentials, but for powertools, I really can't see a problem in sourcing them from the net, and even from abroad to avoid the UK's rip-off prices.

^woody^ said:
Not even the trade only merchants with discount will beat Screwfix's fixings prices.
My clients pay for the fixings I use on their jobs, so why would I care? :confused:

There will always be a high street, and local outlets for essentials, but for powertools, I really can't see a problem in sourcing them from the net, and even from abroad to avoid the UK's rip-off prices.
Using that phrase is a cheap shot and doesn't answer my point.

The problem is in squeezing out the companies that I rely on to supply my business. You're happy to do it, and I'm not.

Sponsored Links
Sorry Thermo - I missed it.

Now that I've read it I had to look up paslode. :oops:

Sounds great! I've always had trouble putting up shelves without them leaking. :confused:

also a great tool for racking back the firing mechanism and seeing how far you can fire a nail into an empty field next door to where you are working! (about 200 metres i reckoned!) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back