Where is the justice in this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Excuse me for ranting but I have just seen an article on the BBC news website about a gang of 4 kids who went out "happy slapping" and attacked 6 people one of whom died from his injuries, all of which was filmed on a mobile phone

They have been convicted of manslaughter not murder, presumably because "we didn't mean to kill him guv". No doubt they will be out and about again in 5 or 6 years while the victims family have to live with the consequences for ever.

Am I alone in thinking this bunch of s***s should have been locked up and the key thrown away

Sponsored Links
How old were the kids? I presume you don't mean infant goats?

Would your offspring commit such a crime? Neither would mine. It's the parents that should be whipped.

joe

Indeed no goats were involved. All aged 17 to 21, kids by my standards but perhaps thats just my age

you should put all these idiots in one prison together then give the guards a camera phone each .also put in a tv camera then sit back and watch them s..t themselevs :evil:

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
. It's the parents that should be whipped.

Couldn't agree more. Although whipping might be something they enjoy..perhaps birching and the old stocks for public humiliation would be more effective...

joe-90 said:
How old were the kids? I presume you don't mean infant goats?

Would your offspring commit such a crime? Neither would mine. It's the parents that should be whipped.

joe

true. but its also the government to blame. police usually do a good job catchin people. its when it comes to the courts that it all falls down

If i may, can i point out the rise in such "entertainment" shows as "Jackass" and the like (im sure there are more) which show how fun it is to pull stupid stunts and plainly insane pranks. Making and broadcasting these shows is irresponsible behaviour by MTV, and i believe, one of the contributing factors to today's yob culture, and certainly these "happy slapping" attacks. They mentioned this on a talk show on Hallam FM earlier while i was driving home from work, and i couldnt agree more.

I watched a bit of Jackass once. Some complete idiot was about to jump into a sewage treatment container or something. If you cant see my point here, then ill quit now. This sort of stuff should never be shown on television. Ever.

crafty1289 said:
If i may, can i point out the rise in such "entertainment" shows as "Jackass" and the like (im sure there are more) which show how fun it is to pull stupid stunts and plainly insane pranks. Making and broadcasting these shows is irresponsible behaviour by MTV, and i believe, one of the contributing factors to today's yob culture, and certainly these "happy slapping" attacks. They mentioned this on a talk show on Hallam FM earlier while i was driving home from work, and i couldnt agree more.

I watched a bit of Jackass once. Some complete idiot was about to jump into a sewage treatment container or something. If you cant see my point here, then ill quit now. This sort of stuff should never be shown on television. Ever.

I quite agree: Jackass is terrible. I saw it once where they overate to make themselves vomit: so wrong when there are people in the world without food.

Hallam FM? Woh! I used to ring up Mark Meadowcroft and sing songs to him.

Got to agree with Crafty on that point..Jackass should never have been aired in this country..mindless and pointless stunts and a waste of airtime..

markie said:
you should put all these idiots in one prison together then give the guards a camera phone each .also put in a tv camera then sit back and watch them s..t themselevs :evil:

Surely this is where prison actually goes wrong?
Academies of crime?
I quite believe that the inmates are left in 'charge' .. So mr Big gets even bigger ... perhaps young men who might really want to change coming under fierce peer pressure to be 'hardmen' etc.
The tough guys should swagger in and stagger out ... full sentences mandatory on 3rd conviction.
:cool:

pickles said:
All aged 17 to 21, kids by my standards but perhaps thats just my age

Actually, the girl who headed the group and "kicked the victim's head like a footbal" is now 15, which is why they cannot release her details.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4502662.stm

How their cretinous parents have brought them up to belike this is anyone's guess. We all are capable of being led astray as kids but this is something else :evil:

joe-90 said:
Excellent idea - let's show these people how unacceptable violent behaviour is by the use of officially sanctioned violence by the State.

Brilliant idea, Joe - you've surpassed yourself.

It's bound to engender the right attitudes in people - I'm amazed it's never been tried before.

Would your offspring commit such a crime? Neither would mine. It's the parents that should be whipped

hope you know what your kids are doing 24 hours of every day then

I personally believe that reason that the level of violence and frequency of such crimes has reached these increased numbers is because too many crimes have been trivialised. Misdemeanours which would have brought about punishment and shame previously are now regarded as a joke and not worth attention. The more crime is trivialise the more serious an ofence has to be before action is taken.

Thermo said:
Would your offspring commit such a crime? Neither would mine. It's the parents that should be whipped

hope you know what your kids are doing 24 hours of every day then

If I've brought them up so badly that they kill people i deserve whipping.

joe

Sponsored Links
Back