- Joined
- 4 Oct 2026
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
- Country

Hi everyone
I am living in an apartment in Salford and want to shut off the main water suppy for some DIY repair.
Found a brass stopcock in the utility cupboard. It's fit on a pipe connecting to an Oso water heater. Looks like it is intended as an isolation valve for the heater only.
Apart from that, the only things I spot are a pair of small-calibre flexible hoses with metal connector and nuts underneath the kitchen sink. Guess they are there to serve hot and cold water supply to the kitchen faucet. Correct me if I am wrong.
Could anyone confirm that the brass stopcock near the water heater is actually the one that controls the main water supply to the apartment?
Or should I look elsewhere to locate it?
Thanks a lot
Paul
The left diagram shows the brass stopcock opposite to the Oso water heater.
The one on the right shows the two flexi hoses with metal connectors underneath the kitchen sinks.
I am living in an apartment in Salford and want to shut off the main water suppy for some DIY repair.
Found a brass stopcock in the utility cupboard. It's fit on a pipe connecting to an Oso water heater. Looks like it is intended as an isolation valve for the heater only.
Apart from that, the only things I spot are a pair of small-calibre flexible hoses with metal connector and nuts underneath the kitchen sink. Guess they are there to serve hot and cold water supply to the kitchen faucet. Correct me if I am wrong.
Could anyone confirm that the brass stopcock near the water heater is actually the one that controls the main water supply to the apartment?
Or should I look elsewhere to locate it?
Thanks a lot
Paul
The left diagram shows the brass stopcock opposite to the Oso water heater.
The one on the right shows the two flexi hoses with metal connectors underneath the kitchen sinks.