Where should I put bathroom fan

SL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small bathroom without a window and will be installing a walk in shower (1200*800) with an over head shower. There will only be 17cm gap between the top of the shower door and ceiling. I have got a Vent-Axia SELV fan (IPX7).

The fan cannot be installed in the ceiling, so it it best to install outside or inside the shower? If inside, should there be a min distance from corners / ceiling.

I may have a issue with the ducting, so it ok to have the outside vent at a low level , say 60cm from floor.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it ok to have the outside vent at a low level , say 60cm from floor.

I would think not personally. Can you post a pic of your room but I can't understand why you cannot site this fan yourself. :confused:

The fan will work best as near to the ceiling as possible, where the steam is.

If you can't drill through there I'd look to mount the fan high and duct down to the exit.

Sponsored Links
Sorry that my question was not clear. The fan will be near the ceiling, but the vent / exit to the outside will be about 1.5m below.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back