Where to buy 7 foot fencing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to buy fencing for the garden and want it to be at least 7 feet high so that we can't see the neighbours and like wise for privacy.

All the shops..and online shops seem to only sell fencing that goes up to 6foot. Can anyone recommend a site/place that sells 7 feet fancing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thats because 7ft is max height, you can raise it using gravel boards & trellis. But there is a max height, OF FENCE, BUT NOT OF PLANTS

as diyfusion says 2m max without planning permision 6'9" ish
dont be tempted to put it up to 7' without asking them otherwise they could complain and make you drop it to 2m
you could always make it 2m high add some trellis to the top and if they complain [via the council ]take it down
shrubs and bushes have no hight restrictions except unreasonable laylandia and some other common scence restrictions

I've strung wire along the tops of my posts where they project above the fence panels, and currently have grape vines on it. A thorny climbing rose would be better to keep people out.

Sponsored Links
try looking for a local fence manufacturer they may be able to make you some up, but you will be breaching planning by putting it up

I think big all's idea is good; fence 6' high but posts higher, then you can put trellis on top (or vine wires) and remove them in the vent of complaints.

(I believe the limit permitted is actually 1800mm (6 foot) not 2 metres.

depends where the boundary is but it is 6 feet from ground level (but how you define ground level on a sloping site is an intresting one) some souncils will allow a 6 inch gravel board as well.

I think trellis on top always looks better and gives more intrest to a fence line

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back