Where to buy a worktop instantly in NW London area?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen arrived today and my worktops that I paid for never arrived (kitchen from MFI). Refund given promptly over the phone so I'll source my own. Just wandering where in NW London do they sell worktops to Joe Public.Obviously I want to take it home straight away because my kitchen should be finished by Saturday. please let me know ASAP? Cheers in advance!

Sponsored Links
the sheds keep popular tops in stock

most suppliers keep limited stock with 2 or 3 day to get it in stock

Bought 3 nice enough 'black-granite effect' worktops from Travis Perkins for £25 a throw. Took them home the same day. Found them just as good as the B&Q equivilent but around half the price!

Sponsored Links
wanabechippie said:
Bought 3 nice enough 'black-granite effect' worktops from Travis Perkins for £25 a throw. Took them home the same day. Found them just as good as the B&Q equivilent but around half the price!
Blimey - has B&Q become the benchmark for price/availablility/quality? :eek:

Softus said:

Well, for your average Mr-Bodge-tastick-Johnny-DIY-skint-as-anything type like meself: Gotta say 'yup'.

I always tend to find builders/trade merchant's yards to be a tad on the daunting side unless you know exactly what you need/want. I always feel totally patronised by the trade counter monkey if I have to ask questions about a product that might be bloomin obvious to any tradesman. Therefore: the DIY sheds are my domain!

wanabechippie said:
I always feel totally patronised by the trade counter monkey if I have to ask questions about a product that might be bloomin obvious to any tradesman.
So they do that to you, too? I though that they reserved that for non-builder other trades bods like me ;) Still it can be fun asking them for something no know nowt about and watching them scuttle off to the office to get a "proper" salesman not just a wannabee :LOL:

Scrit

wanabechippie said:
Softus said:

Well, for your average Mr-Bodge-tastick-Johnny-DIY-skint-as-anything type like meself: Gotta say 'yup'.

I always tend to find builders/trade merchant's yards to be a tad on the daunting side unless you know exactly what you need/want. I always feel totally patronised by the trade counter monkey if I have to ask questions about a product that might be bloomin obvious to any tradesman. Therefore: the DIY sheds are my domain!

The diy sheds can be cheaper too, plus they always have clearance sections where you can pick up some decent bargains.

My mate went into a timber yard today and asked for an 8x3 fence post (he meant 8ft long 3" post) The bloke was well flummoxed, which is probably why he charged us £2.80 for a bag of ballast. :mad:

Scrit said:
So they do that to you, too?

Scrit

Glad it's not just me then! :D

There's the lady monkey at my local Jewsons who is fairly new and doens't really know that much. Thing is, she knows that i know sod all as well so we try and figure stuff out together! :mrgreen: The manager is something of a **** and is always picking on the lady monkey and other DIY'ers like meself.

I do find the sheds a lot simpler to work out and easyer to get what your after. I agree they can be much cheaper that trade yards as well.

and crappier too. once you are known in a trade place theyll give you decent prices, trade or not

Thermo said:
and c****r too. once you are known in a trade place theyll give you decent prices, trade or not

Also works in my local B&Q. I'm (sadly) something of a regular there. One counter monkey in particualr keeps informing me that i'm clearly over 60 so I clearly qualify for the pensioners discount ... :LOL:

ps; I'm 25!!

Agree, quality can be a shey downhill of the likes of Jewsons and TP's, but for the Bodge-tastic massive like myself; tis just the job! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back