Where to fit spigot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I have purchased a spigot kit (this one) whereby I “drill” into the existing pipework to enable me to feed out my washing machine waste.

I’m a little unsure as to where I’m best to fit this kit on my pipework. I assume where I have highlighted in orange below would be ideal but now doubting it because it’s close to the bend?

Any advice would be appreciated.

949705E3-2C50-4426-ADD7-BDEE9BA1948E.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Thanks Mottie - I picked one of these up to start off with but unfortunately it’s “longer” than the existing one and does not line up with the other pipework.

No don’t do it where you’ve highlighted in orange. Personally I would scrap the grey waste setup and use the one Mottie has linked to or an alternative kit.

Sponsored Links
No don’t do it where you’ve highlighted in orange. Personally I would scrap the grey waste setup and use the one Mottie has linked to or an alternative kit.

I’d love to, but is that the only way I can resolve my issue!?

I am a bit confused as to what you mean about it being too long.
As I'm sure you're aware those S traps are technically undesirable due to risk of siphoning dry, and that's possibly more of a risk with an appliance outlet than the sink.
Here's what I would do but I'm sure someone will laugh :LOL:

Attachments

• image22 (1).png
    image22 (1).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
I am a bit confused as to what you mean about it being too long.
As I'm sure you're aware those S traps are technically undesirable due to risk of siphoning dry, and that's possibly more of a risk with an appliance outlet than the sink.
Here's what I would do but I'm sure someone will laugh :LOL:

The challenge I have is getting the pipework to marry up correctly.

I think I might have a solution:

One of these: https://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-flexcon4-flexible-connector-white-40-x-157-242mm/86386

to be fitted in between both of the exposed pipework here:

0785C9E0-D621-4303-B189-111708E1C853.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back