Where to get garden bench centre straps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just restored a garden bench but can't find centre strap (marked in the attached pic). Tried Googling but no luck. Does anyone know where I can find them?

Attachments

• centre-strap.png
    centre-strap.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 268
Sponsored Links
Its only thin mild steel bar.....dead easy to drill and bend, if you have a vice (or a strong knee).
B&Q and similar have the steel strip, its around 2 to 2 1/2mm thick.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for inputs. I do have the flat bar but undrilled, I was being cheeky to find if I can get like for like drilled replacement somewhere ;)

Thanks all for inputs. I do have the flat bar but undrilled, I was being cheeky to find if I can get like for like drilled replacement somewhere ;)

The holes are not evenly spaced, so how can you buy it ready made? I needed some a few years ago, for a similar bench I was refurbing - I just used some thin, easy to bend, mild steel. I just bent it roughly to the profile, marked where the slats were and drilled it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back