Where would a wireless thermostat receiver be..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m hoping someone can help as our radiators aren’t working and BG can’t come until Monday.
I think the issue is with a rf205-ts wireless thermostat. If I sequence through the settings it shows 00 when displaying the address which I think means it can’t talk to the receiver which I’m expecting is a t55.

the manual says the t55 is the “boiler module”, but when I open our ideal logic s30 boiler I can’t see the device and the wiring diagram for the boiler on page makes me think it’s not wired directly to the boiler but to another device.

Any idea where I might find it if it’s not a stupid question ?

Many thanks,
Dave

Sponsored Links
You have a system boiler so the rf receiver will most likely be in the airing cupboard wired into the same junction box as the motorised valve(s).

You have a system boiler so the rf receiver will most likely be in the airing cupboard wired into the same junction box as the motorised valve(s).
Thanks, I can see a motorised valve that goes from coil 1 on the cylinder the cable of which disappears into a small plastic junction box about the same size as a single light switch (but deeper maybe 2”) which seems to have 2 three (4?) core mains cables going into to it. Might it be in there ?

Nope it’s not in that little junction box.

any other suggestions ?

Sponsored Links
which I’m expecting is a t55.

The T55 receiver would be for combi boilers where the receiver is usually fitted into the boiler itself.

Capture1.JPG

System boilers have external control devices, so as has already been mentioned so you are looking for an external device with 3 small lights: Link / Load / Power

Capture.JPG

It does sound like you may have lost RF connection though. Have you replaced the thermostat batteries lately?

Hi,
Thanks for posting the pics of the two different types of receivers.
Yes I replaced the batteries some weeks ago as there was a similar problem and it seemed to cure it. Last night I replaced them again with new Duracells when trying to sort the issue again.
I still can't find the receiver, here's what the cylinder cupboard looks like:

Can you post a photo of the boiler and it’s surroundings?

A picture near the boiler might yield a clue!

As an aside when replacing batteries in a wireless thermostat you should use alkaline batteries and ideally Duracel as the transmitter uses a bit of current when sending the signal and cheap carbon batteries sometimes cannot manage the current.

As an aside when replacing batteries in a wireless thermostat you should use alkaline batteries and ideally Duracel as the transmitter uses a bit of current when sending the signal and cheap carbon batteries sometimes cannot manage the current.

Duracell are nowhere near as good as they used to be.

Hi, Yes I used Duracel's thinking it might be cheap batteries causing the problem but it didn't appear to help.

Here's the photos around the boiler.
IMG_4698.jpg
IMG_4699.jpg

From under the boiler there is a cable going up to the left.

Where does that go to?

Only other logical place would be the kitchen

Only other logical place would be the kitchen

None of it is looking very logical - might this wireless stat perhaps have nothing at all to do with the system? Might there be no stat at all, or even a wired stat on the wall somewhere?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back