Which Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had 3 quotes all within the same same price range but for 3 different condensing boilers. Having read reviews on other web sites, its time to ask the experts.

The 3 are: Ideal 26, Baxi 80 HE. Worcester Greenstar 25.

Any help greatly accepted.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Bahco, but that one is not one of the ones quoted

Any competent CORGI should be able to fit any make of boiler although most have their own favourites.

I do have to say that I always question anyone who can only fit one make.

To get as proper competitive quote you should be having a quote for the same boiler.

These all sound very low powered boilers. I hope you are not asking for the cheapest installation to save money. A more powerful boiler might be better value.

The Vaillant is very popular with installers. Good but rather cheaper are the Heatline and Biasi.

Tony

Sponsored Links
tonyd said:
Thanks Bahco, but that one is not one of the ones quoted

no you got 3 quotes for rubbish and bahco gave you the best advice - buy a Vaillant! if you want a heap then the worcester is probably the lesser of the evils :LOL:

This which boiler topic crops up far too often - it probably strains the patience of the regular Corgis who would far rather use their experience solving more challenging problems.

Any chance, therefore, of making this topic a sticky?

Each Corgi could then post their experience and opinions of various boilers - others could respond in agreement or otherwise.

Either way, it would give posters some where to look first, before asking and hopefully reduce this repetitive topic.

Any thoughts?

Agile said:
I do have to say that I always question anyone who can only fit one make.Tony

why that then Tony? Are you saying that I don't know how to fit anything other than a Vaillant :eek:

I could fit any boiler just as well as I do my Vaillants, bit I choose not to.

I feel that it is the contrary to your comment, in that someone who fits the same make gets to know all their little idiosyncrasies and therefore can do a better job for the customer as opposed to Mr 'whats the cheapest boiler on offer this week' merchant who knows sod all about any boiler in particular

I wouldn't take that comment to seriously G4U. Agile can only lumber his customers with cheap rate Biasi's . :rolleyes:

Balenza said:
I wouldn't take that comment to seriously G4U. Agile can only lumber his customers with cheap rate Biasi's . :rolleyes:

did you actually look inside a vaillant or bosch latley?

markplumb said:
Balenza said:

A bit high tech for you is it ?.

I only fit one make of boiler as a rule(wb), like g4y it is out of choice and I would go for the greenstar miles better than the other 2

Balenza said:
markplumb said:
Balenza said:

A bit high tech for you is it ?.

no but i'm guessing you've got a rubber and plastic fetish. cheap and geting cheaper and have been for a long time.

Thanks to all of you for your comments, I hope non of you have fallen-out over it.

I think snes has a valid point, that would be far easier for the likes of us seekers to go to one central point for the info we need.

Out of the 6 quotes I've had, 2 go with Idael,2 Worcester not one mention of a Vallient. Because thats what fitted now,thats my choice.

Thanks Again

Tony

6 quotes! :rolleyes:

That's five wasted trips, hours of wasted time. Not to mention all the diesel emissions and brochure pulp.

Do you not think three quotes would have been sufficient?

If you had to earn your living visiting 6 customers for every paid job would you earn much?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back