Which CCTV system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm looking at installing a CCTV system for my parents place and I'm unsure which system to go for. I'm a spark but CCTV isn't something I normally do.
They are after 2 to 4 cameras, one being mounted on their garage so wireless would be preferable (obviously I know power will still be required to feed the camera)
They also would like to access it via the Internet to see what's going on when they're on holiday..
Any suggestions? Not wanting to spend silly money either..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
give A wireless and B swann a miss for a start, if your a spark then running a couple of wires should not be a problem, at the cheaper end videcon viola and dynamic cctv ez dvrs are ok , fitted a fair few and had no failures over the lasr 3-4 years

• Thanks
Reactions: dpt
I was thinking wireless only as the garage where I wanted to mount a camera is some distance from the house. Running cables to it could be tricky...

if there is power run 1 x cat 5 and you can run 4 cameras off it if you power the cameras from the garage. you can pick up 100m black external grade cat 5 for around £30

Sponsored Links
I know its a late reply but if your still looking for a wireless solution for the garage camera then i can highly recommend one of these:

http://www.alertelectrical.com/prod/4088/ez-wf-ez-wf-wirefree-video-signal-link

I've just bought one to link up one of my cameras and its superb, its the cheapest solution i could find and i took a punt on it and its paid off, excellent quality and a doddle to set up. Mine are mounted in the attic space of the two buildings and even though they haven't got line of sight externally the link quality is perfect. I'm not using the audio connection but the extra option is useful.

Hope this helps.

Dan

sorry i'm a bit late for the party, i do have the same requirement - to fix a cctv to my house before some scumbag decides to break-in!!

having read through, what i have learnt is to look for something like below:

- a DVR with ability to record minimum 4 channels at 4CIF quality (preferably 8 for future expand-ability); at 30FPS (NTSC)-

cameras i think are best bought separately?

i think i can do the install myself..

any suggestions on the DVR box pls?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back