Which Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've just had my 24year old Potterton Lynx RS Combi condemmed because of a small Fan Air Flow Sensor (300303) being obsolete so i'm now looking for a new one, but there is so much choice and a big difference in prices. I have been recommended a Ideal Logic + but not heard much about these apart from the 5 year warranty, apparently Worcester start a 5 year warranty in september but some of theses are Minty in price, then there's Veissman, Glow-Warm, Potterton, the list is endless, can anyone offer any decent advice and opinions Please, cheers Gary

Sponsored Links
you'll get a mixture of recommendations from this forum, some more vociferous than others, but ultimately you probably won't be any wiser. Your best option is to find a good installer to give you a quote and see what he recommends. A well installed 'bad' boiler will probably be a bigger success than a badly installed 'rolls royce'.

Yes Ideal logic the 5 year warranty makes sense so if you are
prepared to let it run the 5 years and then change it as soon
as it gives trouble should be fine.

Be warned though Ideal boilers over the last 10 years before the logic
have been awful for reliability. The logic is shall we say still on trial
as to how it will perform over the long term.

I looked at an Ideal logic yesterday and turned the knob to reset the boiler.
The knob was so cheap and plastic I thought I was going to break it even
touching it. However I've been around the factory and was certainly impressed by how they were going about making it.

Other manufacturers giving a 5 year warranty are Ferroli.

what good is a 5year warranty when Ideal won't honour even a 2 year warranty. ****e boilers from a even ****er company buyer beware!!

Sponsored Links
Take a look at the ravenheat 120 / 150 combi's , you can if u want upgrade it in the future with a energycatcher / combi store , giving a certain amount of free hot water ( more so in the winter months )

Yorkshire ? if u are near Leeds ? if u contact them they may well give u a demo of it ( maybe ?) :)

oh my days,

why are the industry professionals saying for the OP to even consider something like an Ideal or Ravenheat (ravenheap).......thats like saying "for child minding.....Stephan Huntly is ur man".

get something solid and straigh forward,

intergas, viessmann, vaillant, worcester.

buy cheap......buy rubbish!

Raven 120/150 are not cheap :) same fans & gas valves as used by worcestor , same heat exc as used by many boiler manus ! agreed they do not contain the same amount of plastic as u will find in a worcestor :)

Worth a look see ??

Well if anyone is asking my option, get an intergas boiler... if nothing else nowadays.

but your best bet is to find an installers you trust and get him to fit what he likes. also you get what you pay for....

oh my days,

why are the industry professionals saying for the OP to even consider something like an Ideal or Ravenheat (ravenheap).......thats like saying "for child minding.....Stephan Huntly is ur man".
did you mean Ian Huntley the soham child murderer!?

Several installers in the cc fit Atags & rate them highly , there based in Chichester / Sussex dutch boiler ! Alpha are or were owned by Imergas an Italian manu ! Viessman german vorsprung Durch technique , installed by several in the cc that I am aware of seem highly regarded by them

Asfaik all of these makes would use service agents for any in -warranty problems .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back