Which lane?

Rob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you look at this junction which ive drawn to the best of my memory which lane would you be in if going straight up but in the middle lane.

I always sit on the right hand lane at the lights but MOST people go to the left and just natural drift across to the middle lane cutting me up.

I think if your going left stay left if going straight up stay right then get in either lane. ****es me off!

Junction.jpg

Sponsored Links
Write (email) to your local authority and ask them to survey the scene and see if perhaps additional signage or road markings could be put up.

I'd have said the right hand lane if it is as drawn, tho if it is the same person who designs road layouts as around here, most people won't have a clue as to which lane they need to be in!! :LOL:

On a similar vein, you'd think this was obvious:

Untitled-4.jpg

BUT the split for A19 occurs much further back than the split for marshgate. Also just as the split happens, there used to be a big gap in the centre line! This confused the heck out of some motorists who would drift into the RH A638 lane, then on the roundabout at the bottom, veer back into the left lane! Without so much as a flicker of their signals! This put those who read the road correctly, in danger on the roundabout. They have since repainted the centre line, on my request (5 months later though, and despite much denial on their part that there was a problem), and it seems to have sorted most of the confusion out.

Untitled-5.jpg

This one got a few people too. One day the road markings mysteriously changed. (Black to red) - no signs were erected or anything. Before the markings were changed there was confusion - people used to veer into the wrong lane, not realising they'd crossed a line, even though the lines were reinforced white paint :LOL: And after the markings were changed, the confusion only grew. :(

Some motorists are simply oblivious that there are lines there.

Sponsored Links
Is this Doncaster by any chance Steve??

The college roundabout is a total c*ckup as well!!

The locals get confused so what chance have strangers got!

Is this Doncaster by any chance Steve??

The college roundabout is a total c*ckup as well!!

The locals get confused so what chance have strangers got!
The first one is, yes! You may recognise it - its the other end of the bridge from college roundabout. I have to admit, its much better now traffic cannot join that RA from Tesco and they've dug up those traffic lights. :)

The second one is just off J36 M1 as you come off the main roundabout towards Barnsley. Not sure if Sheffield or Barnsley were reponsible for this cockup - its between.

There is a beginners Magic Roundabout at Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire
MyPictures.jpg

picture from GoogleEarth

Looks a better one Bernard. The one in Swindon is unnerving when you have not experienced it before. It doesn't help because the centre circle is quite small and not well defined from the rest of the road. Couple that with rain, dark and 5pm rush hour and it was chaos. Cars everywhere you look going in different directions.

Sponsored Links
Back