Which looks better - Hip to gable brick wall or brick and dormer mix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I am struggling to choose a design, between a gable wall that is all block and will be rendered with the rest of the house to give a clean wall or a design whereby there is a mixture of block gabl wall and a dormer which extends to the rear dormer. In both cases, the dormer will be hanging tiles at the rear.

Thanks in advance.

Clean gable wall rendered with the rest of the wall, but i dont intend to have any pipes on the gable wall.

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-27 at 18.21.15.jpeg

Gable wall mixed with a dormer design, I intend to use grey hanging tiles if i go with this design.

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-27 at 20.07.58.jpeg

Similar style here also, my wall will be a very light colour and the hanging tiles will not be red but black, if going with this option.

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-27 at 18.54.03.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Agree, with the dormer you’ve still got a gable end which looks more natural/matches more with your neighbours. IMHO. Might be easier to get planning for too for that reason.

The thing is to cut down on the work and to get the maximum internal space.

So construct like the first one for ease and space, and then design like the second to give the appearance of a dormer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back