Which make? Sticking to 1 make!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im new to DIY and am about to start buying some kit. I will be using it for normal diy work and doing my garden project. No mega heavy work but not stroked at night either! I did have a ryobi but it kept sparking badly. I want to keep to 1 make and buy everything i want in that make. Im not made of money but dont want to buy crap either. I have listed below some manufacturers with my opinion on them. Which do you think is better? I am going to be buying drills, circular saw, bench saw, mitre saw, many more etc etc Almost all of them will be cordless too!

DRAPER Never touched one but seem to been around for ages
CLARKE CONTRACTER (YELLOW) Feel nice in hand and look great
MAKITA Look nice but i think overrated
DEWALT As Above
RYOBI ONE+ Good in principle but feel a little flimsy
BOSCH GREEN Look nice but underpowered batteries (1.3ah etc)
BOSCH BLUE Supposed to be best but mega money
BLACK AND DECKER Always seem underpowered?
SPARKY Look nice but are they any good?
WORX Look nice but are they good?
MACALLISTER (B+Q) Seem to be thrown together
PERFORMANCE POWER These are really cheap but look well made

Thanks

Matt :D

Sponsored Links
Anyway, either pick a range with all the tools you may want.
or
Buy the tool, charger and batteries you think is best from each range
or
Buy into a range and accept your percieved limitations but benefit from convenience of a single charger and battery system

Personally, I'd go for the ones which look nice (Clarke, Makita, DeWalt, Bosch G, Sparky and Worx) :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Try going for something that doesnt spark.

Check out the bob the builder range from argos.

without a shadow of a doubt ryobi

the one plus is exelent and flexible with over 20 tools to fit the batteries

not shure why you think they are flimsy!!

i have a drill with a spirit level thats gimmiky and can look cheap but in general there stuff is well built

you get 80% off the capacity of big boys toys at around 40% off the cost

How rude can you be!

Big-All If your read his other post looks like he has made up his mind on Ryobi because he spotted a few sparks in his Ryobi drill :rolleyes: The fact that Ryobi will be about 10 times superior than the muck he has quoted in his original post (bar the brands we know are decent) is beyond him.

if you can streach to bosch blue for everything you will not go wrong.lasts a life time.

How rude can you be!

Big-All If your read his other post looks like he has made up his mind on Ryobi because he spotted a few sparks in his Ryobi drill :rolleyes: The fact that Ryobi will be about 10 times superior than the muck he has quoted in his original post (bar the brands we know are decent) is beyond him.

Your the one being rude. Im leaving this forum and going to a different one. Seems people like you are so far up your own arse its untrue.

Moderator please delete me username

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back