Which Room Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I ask a bit of advice please. Currently have the Honeywell T6360 room stat but it has broken. What would you recommend in its place as i would like to use a digital one.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the recommendation.

Purchased it earlier and have installed it.

I have left it on the factory settings.

The only problem i have is the "actual" room temperature. I have turned the heating off completely and the stat is showing 23.5 degrees and has not changed at all even know the heating has been off and I can feel it getting colder in here - is that normal?

Sponsored Links
Sorry about the quality but you can get an idea of what is around the the stat.
The stat is fixed onto the stair wall. Radiator approf 3ft away and LCD TV.

The stat has now increased to 24.5 degress and is getting colder in here. Please note that the radiator is stone cold.

My feeling is if i put the heating on it is just going to be constantly flowing as the stat is not regitering the correct room temp.

Any ideas?

View media item 43335 View media item 43336 View media item 43337

sorry chaps, can you help me again as i think i have wired it incorrect.

I have 4 cables

Earth, blue, yell, red

Everytime the stat trys to call for heat it blows the fuse in the FCU for the boiler.

I have tested on the multi meter and I have no volts through red - yellow.
I have 240volts between blue - yellow / blue - red

sorry chaps, can you help me again as i think i have wired it incorrect.

I have 4 cables

Earth, blue, yell, red

Everytime the stat trys to call for heat it blows the fuse in the FCU for the boiler.

I have tested on the multi meter and I have no volts through red - yellow.
I have 240volts between blue - yellow / blue - red

An R1+R2 dead test will conform polarity on your cables and leave the neutral and yellow which if you follow the wire back yellow SHOULD be switched live, but that can depend on who wired it up.

If wired correctly 'at the other end', I would expect blue to be neutral, red live feed, yellow live return. Your old stat needed a neutral feed to work properly, your new one doesn't. At the moment your stat is connecting live and neutral together causing a short circuit!
Therefore, you need to disconnect the neutral (cut it back and tape it, or better still disconnect at other end), connect red to terminal A, and yellow to terminal B.

cut it back and tape it

You what :?: :eek:

Dumbass answer of the evening... well done :D

OP. Isolate and make safe the blue. Green/Yellow the same (but separate) then put the red to terminal A and the yellow to B.

Hopefully you haven't goosed the new stat.

It does help to know if an installation has been "tested" to being with though :LOL:

cut it back and tape it

Isolate and make safe the blue.

.... same thing :LOL:

The thing I don't understand is why is there volts in the blue cable as I have put above?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back