Which Router Bit to Make a Flat Cut?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm very new to the use of routers.

I've had my walls skimmed and now the walls stand a mm or two proud of the door frame. I'm putting on new architrave and so that it sits onto the door frame (flush) I want to reduce the thickness of the architrave that overlaps the wall. Do you call this a recess?

Anyway, I've got a router, but no "bits". What do I need to go and buy "bit" wise?

Sponsored Links
Hardest part will be holding the architrave still while you route it, it will need to be layed face down.

You can then make several passes at 2-3mm deep using the router fence against the outside of the architrave. something like the T219M will be the best bet as its more useful in the future than a surfacing bit

It would be better to buy a small router table to hold the router, then move the wood. You should also have feather boards. Alternatively buy a rabbit or rebate plane and do it by hand. See here for router info. here for rebate plane.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back