Which Router???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I wonder if anybody would be kind enough to advise me on the best router available on the market today for cutting and joining worktops.
I have been looking at both the Dewalt 1/2" and the Makita 1/2 inch but want to make the right choice prior to starting my new venture :D [/quote]

Sponsored Links
festo the dogs danglies,but very very expensive,ive got a 1/4" version which is approx 14 years old and it has seen some service(albeit not worktops)and in all that time the only thing that needed to be looked at was the variable speed selector.always liked the look of the bosch blue.but have no other feedback to give you.

Yeah, I looked at the Festool, looks like a blinding bit of kit! heard they are good. Just wasn't sure if they were suitable for big old worktops ? :rolleyes:

only buy a half inch router if you plan to use it under a table once youve finnished
you can use them freehand in a workshop but not the best tool if you plan much free hand much better with around 800w small or a medium router and hire a router for the worktop

in other words get a router that will suit what your doing most and do the worktops if it fits in

Sponsored Links
festo the dogs danglies,but very very expensive,ive got a 1/4" version which is approx 14 years old and it has seen some service(albeit not worktops)and in all that time the only thing that needed to be looked at was the variable speed selector.always liked the look of the Bosch blue.but have no other feedback to give you.
the Bosch Blue routers are great I have 2 x 900ACE that I use for freehand work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back