Which Scotia?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a room that's 3.3 x 3.3.

The Scotia seems to come in 2.4mtr lengths or on a roll. Is the roll stuff any good or is the MDF stuff better? Do you just butt it together to make a joint?

Also how do you pronounce it, 'Scott ya' or 'scosha'.

IMG_7044.JPG

Sponsored Links
You can butt it or use a scarf joint for a slightly more premium finish (I suggest 22.5 degrees rather than 45 degrees). It's pronounced scosha. I've never used stuff on a roll.

Looks like you'll need 3x2 for those gaps. Planed.

Sko-sha. Whatever you do don't call it scouser. We've had a bloke in the hallway now for three years and he wont go.

Funny you mention scousers.

I'm in Liverpool today so googled Liverpool Scotia and got this:

IMG_7054.PNG

Its a bit far for some wood.

Sponsored Links
Get pine scosha rather than mdf. Never seen it on a roll, but you might just have to pin it more often to make sure if flattens out.

I looked at the roll again, turns out that's only 1.8mtrs long. I thought it would have been 15/20mtrs.

Buy Quickstep scotia mate. Great quality. A lot of cheap Chinese scotia about which is rubbish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back