Which Size Fuse For PC Monitor Power Supply?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a new separate power supply (transformer/switching adaptor) for my LG flat screen pc monitor. It came with a 13 amp fuse fitted in the plug which I thought was a bit high. The old p s of the same spec had a 10 amp fuse fitted.

The p s spec is INPUT - 240V 1.2A 90VA,
OUTPUT - 12V 3.5A.

Would be grateful if someone could tell me what the correct fuse rating is.

Sponsored Links
There's really no good reason to change it, anywhere else in the world it wouldn't have a fuse at all.

Fuses are to protect cables; not appliances.

If it requires a lower rating to protect the device, it should have internal fuses.

Sponsored Links
3A if choosing between 3 and 13.

The problem is that being a switchmode device, there is a good chance that sooner or later the inrush will take out a 3A fuse, normally after the fuse has been weakened by a fewsuch startups, and it happens that its switched on the point of the cycle that results in the most onerous inrush current

There's really no good reason to change it, anywhere else in the world it wouldn't have a fuse at all.
whssign.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back