using power amps (the dj type)

breezer said:
that looks a very interesting site, i will read it all later, they may be able to help me

have a read thru some of the bad wiring. think there are 2 topics with loads of replies. some of the stuff is pretty dangerous...

Sponsored Links
i have joined but as yet no one has been able to help, its not an electrical question i asked (obviously)

Wouldn't IEC 309 connectors be the ones of choice anyway? I've no experience of festival infrastructures, but I wouldn't have thought that flimsy BS 1363s would (should??) be anywhere to be found...

1. how to wire the ceeform to mains plug/adaptor together (ie female to 240v mains plug)
Err.... Live to Live, Neutral to Neutral, Earth to Earth.....

ban-all-sheds said:
Wouldn't IEC 309 connectors be the ones of choice anyway? I've no experience of festival infrastructures, but I wouldn't have thought that flimsy BS 1363s would (should??) be anywhere to be found...

1. how to wire the ceeform to mains plug/adaptor together (ie female to 240v mains plug)
Err.... Live to Live, Neutral to Neutral, Earth to Earth.....

aswell as BS 4343 have some weather resistance

Sponsored Links
dunno about festivals but i know almost all indoor lighting rigs use the 15A BS546 which in terms of robustness looks pretty similar to BS1363.

provided you use plugs and extention sockets made of rubber or tough plastic (or for sockets mouted on a panel metal) i can't see a problem with BS1363 even in a portable setup thats going to get treated fairly rough (provided its indoors ofc). Obviously if you use the cheap plastic plugs and extention sockets that'll smash the first time you throw em out a first floor window onto a hard surface then your liable to have problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back