Which toaster?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok folks I need some advice here - I'm in the market for a new toaster and wondered if anyone can recommend a good one.
My current toaster takes 5 mins to make toast which I think is way too long. I think this dries the bread out too much and makes it the consistency of cinders. It also browns a bit unevenly, so I specifically want a very fast toaster that browns evenly.
I don't mind spending a bit on it if it works well. Have been looking at a Dualit 4 slice jobbie but have read mixed reviews. Anyone got one they recommend?

Sponsored Links
fecking expensive for a toaster!! However I have one, browns the toast nice and evenly in about 2 minutes.

flamethrower.gif

Just add bread.

Mines a two slice 1000 watt and quick, you want a 4 slicer, then double the watts, want a faster one ? add more watts, more exspensive to run, but quicker.

Like everthing in life

Sponsored Links
I have a 4 slice 4 slot toaster. It works 2 and 2. This is ok for 2 slices. But I frequently find myself wanting 3 slices of toast! So I wack all 4 slots on, but the slice next to the empty slot gets burnt on one side, since there is more heat there! :( I dont care about how long a toaster takes as long as I can fit crumpets in it (without standing on them first), and it toasts both sides well.

Well after much searching, I decided to register with which.co.uk (30 day trial) to see the outcome of a big toaster test. Anyway a magimix model did very well so I've ordered a 4 slice model from Amazon. Not cheap though. :rolleyes:

Buy a Dualit if you want a proper toaster. And unlike most small electrical appliances, you can buy spares for them, and they're easy to work on.

I have an £8.99 Tefal toaster. Had it for at least 4 years, it turns bread into a warm tasty snack. Why spend more?

No toaster does nice even toasting like a gas grill can do
Can you show me evidence of this fact woody?
The toaster arrived today and it does a piece of toast at least as fast as a gas grill (I remember how long it took on my parent's old grill) and not just that, it's evenly browned. As far as I know there are no gas powered toasters. ;)
Anyway, I'll try it for a while and see how it goes - can always be sent back and changed for a Dualit.

No, but I can post you a slice for comparison.

Just let me know whether butter or marge and marmalade or jam

This is a old post I know but I am after a new toaster and searched on here for any suggestions....my other half said she heard that the frigidaire is a good one...looked at ebay and yes there is one at £524.99 plus £8.99 postage FFS its only a effing toaster and the seller has got 4 sold....even at that price it only does two slices..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Slice-S...e_Garden_Kitchen_Toasters&hash=item5642947413

I will keep looking

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
This is a old post I know but I am after a new toaster and searched on here for any suggestions....my other half said she heard that the frigidaire is a good one...looked at ebay and yes there is one at £524.99 plus £8.99 postage FFS its only a effing toaster and the seller has got 4 sold....even at that price it only does two slices..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Slice-S...e_Garden_Kitchen_Toasters&hash=item5642947413

I will keep looking

They have the neck to sell a toaster for £524, but only guarantee it for 12 months. Some confidence in their product?

It says on the Ebay link '10 available/4 sold' - so someone's buying them.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Back