Which wax?

Someone here was implying MER was no good but they wouldn't say why. I'm a convert to Meguiars paste wax, no hard rubbing!
I have heard that and probably try something different
Good call
Cheers
GEOF

Sponsored Links
Does anyone believe in the "paint protection" that car dealers sell? It's only a polish and you can buy Supaguard kits on Ebay quite cheaply. Plus you have to go back for a top up treatment every year, ie a quick coat of polish!

I just bought one of these off e-bay, it comes next Thursday :)

IMG_9760.PNG

Sponsored Links
Right now it beads a bit but not much:

View attachment 146364

View attachment 146365

Did you do a wash and polish.... carnauba wax isn’t liquid...but worth the effort
I assume your paint surface feels really smooth?
If your car was older I would have suggested doing a clay job...you would be surprised what comes off leaving a glass like surface....to polish and wax on...
Anything is better than nothing though
Cheers
Geof

Did you do a wash and polish.... carnauba wax isn’t liquid...but worth the effort
I assume your paint surface feels really smooth?
If your car was older I would have suggested doing a clay job...you would be surprised what comes off leaving a glass like surface....to polish and wax on...
Anything is better than nothing though
Cheers
Geof

No, I've only washed it twice with some random stuff where you chuck a cap full in with the water. The paint is very smooth.

I gave mine another blast of that Autoglym Magma I keep on about.....the bonnet was covered with tiny ferrous particles once more. Unbelievable.
John :)

that is interesting John...do you remove any of the old wax and polish before using it or is this for after one has clayed the bodywork clean prior to polish and wax and the iron particles are on the surface of the wax?
i looked it up as i am always open to better methods and see that one chap says it really cleaned the car and then he washed it with his normal wash and wax..
i have noticed with my car that after the mega clean and clay last year then polish and waxed regularly after washing...the body work paint always seem smooth...possibly that means the original clay job got everything off...
ps..i use an anti corrosion shampo...autoglym just now but will back the bilt hamber flag next time...
cheers
geof

Last edited:
No, I've only washed it twice with some random stuff where you chuck a cap full in with the water. The paint is very smooth.

you might like to try using a non salt wash..it doesnt do any polishing but leaves the car squeaky clean...ready for the polish..or just drying off with a good car drying towel...no streaks then
it is used to avoid setting up any rust spots in microscopic holes in the paint
it doesnt froth but does really get dirt off
cheers
geof

Sponsored Links
Back