While on holiday

B

Bodd

I'm on Cromer pier today. And I bump into a mate of mine. Never knew he was around
On my travels I tend to bump into people I know. So many times it has happened to me.

Have you experienced this. Have you bumped into somone you know in a strange place.

Sponsored Links
The first time this happened to me was...
On a tiny pebble beach on the Lake District, with my Mum, Dad and 4 brothers the only other two people was our neighbour and her boyfriend.

I bumped into an ex-girlfriend after descending from Snowdon on a rainy day. She was in the car park by the cafe. That was weird. I was exhausted and she was stoned. We had a nice chat over a cup of tea before carrying on in opposite directions.

I bumped into an ex-girlfriend after descending from Snowdon on a rainy day. She was in the car park by the cafe. That was weird. I was exhausted and she was stoned. We had a nice chat over a cup of tea before carrying on in opposite directions.

Goes to show how much you both had in common.
Thank you Jon

Sponsored Links
We were in a queue for a water slide ride in Florida years ago and my daughter who was around 10 at the time was just chatting normally to another girl behind her in the queue. I asked to her afterwards who her 'new' friend was. "Angela from my class in school" she replied. No surprise "Fancy seeing you here" or anything like that, just chatting away like they were in the school playground.

The best story I know is of 2 friends, who at the time did not know each other all that well. One was travelling out to Australia, and the other had just come back from somewhere on the way to where they were working in Canada. They bumped into each other while cleaning their teeth in the bathroom at a youth hostel in LA. Didn't have time to catch up though as both needed to be off, but they had spent the night in the same place!

I was about 23 sitting by the pool at a Holiday Inn Buffalo
New York State....
I was with my Uncle and Aunty chatting to two lady friends. They were best friends when they were 12 in the North of England. Lost contact until one day both shopping in a supermarket in Onterio Canada. They both recognised each other. Nether knew the other now lived in Canada both had 12 year old daughters and moved to Canada the same year.

I was going to do a talk in Glasgow. Upon arrival at the hotel mid-afternoon, I saw a bloke sitting outside the doors, having a smoke. I dumped my bags in the room , and decided to have a wander around the city.

The bloke was still smoking. I asked him directions to the city centre, he recognised my accent. He was clearly a londoner.

Long story short, he lived around the corner from me (having moved from London after meeting his now wife), and his daughter was a classmate of my youngest.
He was in Glasgow, working nights on the train station upgrade.

Oh, just remembered another. My wife and I were in the pool of the Marriott Hotel in Costa Do Sauipe, Brazil. She was a low paid admin at a bank in London. Out walked the director of the bank - she waved and said hello, and he looked shocked to see such a poorly paid clerk enjoying the same hotel he'd decided to stay in. Exchange rate was very nice at the time.

I'm going in order of my experiences.

Walking across the Koh San Road in Bangkok. 1992...

This Fella Ali recognised me from school days. We were not mates but knew of each other...

Sponsored Links
Back