Ringwood Hampshire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had to go to Ringwood in Hampshire with Adam on a course last week it was thirty years since my last visit. We used to fish for the barbel on the river Avon.

Anyway, we got finished early on Friday so decided to have a look at the river between the tackle shop and the fish pub before we left. It was around lunchtime the river looked as clear as I remembered it. I had told Adam about the big barbel that were there only when we looked, there were only small fish. A barbel of around 3lb along with a lot of small Chub and Roach. What has happened to all those big Barbel I wonder. We did see something I’d never seen before, two eels around 3 feet long and probably 3lb in weight out in open water during the day. They seemed to be feed around the padstone below the centre arch.

The last time there’ I bumped into Jack Hargreaves of out of town fame in a small supermarket. I was pleased to see him as I had often watched his programme, he seemed a decent bloke. Just in case you don't know who he is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7ckJCajWh0

Sponsored Links
I'm going fishing with Diane. She can sit on the bank while 'I get me tackle out'. :oops:

The last time there’ I bumped into Jack Hargreaves of out of town fame in a small supermarket. I was pleased to see him as I had often watched his programme, he seemed a decent bloke. Just in case you don't know who he is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7ckJCajWh0[/QUOTE]

I remember the program well. Do you remember the theme tune? As kids we used to sing this to the themetune...

Say what you will,
school dinners make you ill,
and Davy Crockett died of shepherds pie,
our school din-dins,
came from pig-bins,
Out of town.
E, those were the days. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
She mumbled something about seeing a large maggot. :cry:

It`s what Joe keeps under HIS padstone , I`d be worried about - Can`t be a cod piece - that`s salty water fish - there again :confused:

Back