Well done Norfolk Police

The pin inside the key can be removed and put into a new key that has been cut. They are interchangable on Mercs and lots of other vehicles.

When they stole the van, they will have bypassed the immobiliser first, and then used the key they have.

So either they had an original key in their possesion at some time (garage-dealer-towbar-roofrack fitter) of which they stole the transponder to put in another key or
They bypassed the immobiliser to use a key without a transponder (Is that possible?) If so why do we even have immobilisers?

Or if the Mercedes has a fixed code key rather than a rolling code key they read the code using a device and then programmed a newly cut key with that code.
doesn't the Mercedes have a rolling code set up?
If it does then according to the key cutting websites it needs the vehicle to programme the key.

The van had been into a garage in town about 4 months ago. However, they had our business address not Adam's home address so if it were someone from the garage, they would also have to find the van in a village 7 miles from our unit.

I have posted a little more in the CC about who nicked it, believe it or not it was a local ***** (yes BA a *****). We've since been told that Sprinter vans have been disappearing from the local area and possibly cut up for export.

Sponsored Links
Well we collected the van this afternoon but.................. things didn't go smoothly :rolleyes: Paid out £150 for the recovery fee to a really sstroppyyoung lady, filled out loads of paperwork before being allowed to go into the compound to the van. Put our key in the ignition the van turned over a couple of times but refused to start then it locked out saying start error :evil: We then noticed the ecu hanging down from under the dash, only it wasn't ours:eek: ours was still in place.

We reconnected ours, tried again but it still wwouldn'tstart. So we disconnected the battery tried again and again it refused to even turn over now. Miss sstroppynow says "if it wont start you can pay us to tow it, or you can push it out onto the road" wtf wont bore you with followed ;) Anyway she gets one of their mmechanicout he ddidn'thave a clue either so I make a few calls to people I thought might be able to help, no joy :( then I noticed a small black box on seat that sshouldn'thave been there but none of us knew where it would have come from. We looked eeverywhereyou could think until we noticed the dash cluster was sticking out slightly on one side, gave it a tugged and out it came to reveal another small black box like the one on the seat. We swapped them over tried to start the van again and she fired straight up :LOL:

I phoned the CID and told them what we'd found so now they know what these ****ers are doing. Getting a key cut with the reg and vin numbers then bringing their own ecu and immobiliser. Easy peasy when you know how :rolleyes:
See part of their nicking kit below.

The ***** went to court today and the Police opposed bail so,the magistrates let him out :evil:

Aha , that explains it. Get the key cut as per your original post and then bring their own spare matched ecu and immobiliser...

We had a transit pick up stolen once.

****** again. It turned up in a scrap yard in Doncaster but the yard owner wouldn't finger the ****** but instead did time himself.

Sponsored Links
you don't appreciate people telling the truth? i am a benifit cheat, not a liar, there is a difference, please respect that.

Trouble is, too many honest (not) people on here.

A Ford dealership near here , had a Ford Sierra Cosworth parked on their forecourt some years ago. They reckoned no one would ever be able to nick it as it had the latest Thatcham Alarm and Immobiliser fitted.
A few weekends later the vehicle had been stolen. When the police recovered the body shell of the vehicle, it became obvious how it had been stolen,,,,,,,
The thieves had actually cut out a hole in the bonnet immediately above the bonnet, disconnected the battery then broke into the car, let the handbrake off and towed it onto the back of a truck.

Where there's a will ... there's a way. (or grieving relatives)
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

The thieves had actually cut out a hole in the bonnet immediately above the bonnet,

i always thought that double bonnet security system was flawed !! :eek:

;)
Sorry, I did mean to say they cut a hole in the bonnet , immediately above the battery.

Too many alcoholic drinks now to see what I've posted. If the spellchecker on Google Chrome doesn't highlight it in red then it stays. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

(off to bed now ) Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back