While on holiday

Oh, just remembered another. My wife and I were in the pool of the Marriott Hotel in Costa Do Sauipe, Brazil. She was a low paid admin at a bank in London. Out walked the director of the bank - she waved and said hello, and he looked shocked to see such a poorly paid clerk enjoying the same hotel he'd decided to stay in. Exchange rate was very nice at the time.

That's a great one.

Sponsored Links
Moved down to Suffolk just over 6 years ago. One night a few years ago we needed medical assistance so an ambulance/paramedic was sent to our house. A woman and a man from the ambulance walk in and go straight to my wife and begin assessing her. 10 minutes later they decide it best she go to hospital for further investigation. Meanwhile I've been watching them both and had some sort of feeling about them but couldn't put into words what I was feeling. Once every thing was arranged the bloke stood up and simply said, "Well it must be nearly 50 years and except for the grey hair you haven't changed a bit, has he Gerry? (short for Geraldine). With a twinkling smile she agreed and it was that smile that did it! We had been at primary/junior school together in the mid 60's in Liverpool. They had met up again after we had all gone to different High schools and eventually got married. Both were paramedics and have been living in Norfolk for over 30 years. It was luck of the draw they were sent into Suffolk to our call.
We are now in touch on a regular basis and in contact with other old school friends.

Sponsored Links
Moved down to Suffolk just over 6 years ago. One night a few years ago we needed medical assistance so an ambulance/paramedic was sent to our house. A woman and a man from the ambulance walk in and go straight to my wife and begin assessing her. 10 minutes later they decide it best she go to hospital for further investigation. Meanwhile I've been watching them both and had some sort of feeling about them but couldn't put into words what I was feeling. Once every thing was arranged the bloke stood up and simply said, "Well it must be nearly 50 years and except for the grey hair you haven't changed a bit, has he Gerry? (short for Geraldine). With a twinkling smile she agreed and it was that smile that did it! We had been at primary/junior school together in the mid 60's in Liverpool. They had met up again after we had all gone to different High schools and eventually got married. Both were paramedics and have been living in Norfolk for over 30 years. It was luck of the draw they were sent into Suffolk to our call.
We are now in touch on a regular basis and in contact with other old school friends.

That was lovley. Even got a tear in my eye.

And I'm in Norfolk at the moment

Back