Whirlpool ADG 7470/2 dishwasher shows fault: 6 flashes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone!

I have a rather old integrated dishwasher, Whirlpool ADG 7470/2. As of recently it refuses to work, showing "6 flashes" error code. Perhaps local experts could help me figure out what is going on. Here is what I know so far:

(1) "6 flashes" apparently means that the dishwasher does not sense that water is being filled in.
I, naturally, checked for the obvious silly problems, like a closed tap or a kink in the hose -- everything is fine.
(2) Hence, the problem is either with the flow meter, or water indicator. Right?
(3) I took the dishwasher out, removed the left panel and examined the AK22-A assembly (dosage regulator thingy), and removed and examined the flow meter reed switch. It seems intact, passes basic electric tests (open circuit normally, contacts are conducting); I cleaned the contacts just in case -- still no luck.
(4) The water does fill in -- I ran the machine with the door open (but inserted the plastic latch part so it thinks the door is closed) -- water enters just fine.
(5) Out of curiosity I ran the machine with the flow meter completely disconnected. INTERESTING: In this case the error code is slightly different: not only the X led flashed, but the Play led also flashes (continuously) and it keeps beeping. (With the flow meter connected it just flashes the X led 6 times).
(6) This leads me to think that the problem might be with the water indicator.
However, I cannot even find where it might be located nor can I find any service manual for this model.

At this point I do not know what to think.
Any thought? Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Hi I have the same issue. 6 flashes cancels the program. Water getting in. Cleaned filters etc. Did you fix this?

Also interested to know how and if you may have fixed this problem please

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back