White plastic screw caps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

Does anyone know where I can find white plastic screw caps like the ones below but with a diameter of around 15mm?

http://www.pro-dec.com/core/media/media.nl?id=364&c=307160&h=b32411da24db9defeb0f

Need the press-on ones, not the snap on ones.

Everywhere I go, they only have the smaller ones. One DIY shop had the big ones but only in beige and/or brown. Another place had something bigger in white, but it was slightly raised (which would need shaving off) and the centre fitting was too big, so that would need pressing as well.

They're to fit those huge screw thingies that hold ikea cabinets together.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Those "huge screw thingies" are probably Confirmat screws. As ever Woodfit do the covers for them (BA121)

BA121%20Confirmat%20Cover%20cap%20C.JPG

Scrit

Thanks for the link and the website recommendation, Scrit.

The website didn't mention the size of the caps you linked to, so I called them and they say that they are only 12mm unfortunately.

I also asked if they has any other type of caps at least 15mm but they say they don't.

I know what I want exists, as I saw them myself in a normal small diy shop in town, however, as I said, they were the wrong colour.

Surely SOMEWHERE must have them in white. They have to be at least 15mm.

Thanks.

Might I enquire why it is that you have the screws, but not the covers? Surely they'd be supplied together...... I've had a look through some of my trade catalogues and most Confirmat-type screw coverings appear to be either 10mm, 12/12.5mm (for Pozidriv #3) or 13mm (for hex head SW4) - those sizes are quoted on the Hafele web site (search for Confirmat, once you've logged on, to find the screws and caps). It appears that most Confirmat screws have 10mm diameter heads which makes me wonder why yours are so much larger. What daimater are yours? Hopefuilly they aren't yet another "IKEA special" which nobody else in the world stocks. :rolleyes: If you've already asked IKEA if they can oblige (I'm assuming some caps are missing, here) then why not try Googling "Confirmat" +"covers" and trying a few people who come up in the results.

Scrit

Sponsored Links
you could try fastcaps, just over 14mm. or if the screws are counterbored then one of the same companies hole plugs may fit.

Failing that have a look at UPVC window fixings as these use large dia caps such as Fisher

Jason

'Might I enquire why it is that you have the screws, but not the covers? Surely they'd be supplied together'

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. How could any cabinet manufacturer/seller leave giant 15mm screws exposed?? And these are on wall cabinets, may I add, which means that the ones located at the bottom of the cabinet would clearly be visible!

I've had a look at a picture of a confirmat screw and it is definitely not one of those. The ones on the cabinet are not really screws; they may be called fasteners. The only thing they have in common with screws is that they require a screw driver to turn. I'll try to send a pic to admin if I can.

Mine are 15mm and yes, I think that they probably are unique to IKEA, which I'm not complaining about, because, ironically, as you may recall in a previous post when I was searching for certain sizes of cabinet, everyone had the same standard sizing and I would either have had to make the sizes I wanted myself or spend alot of money to have them custom made, but IKEA came to my rescue and had the two cabinets in almost the EXACT sizes that I required! So unique is GOOD! No, I don't work for IKEA, but the instructions and ease of assembling was perfect. Don't think I've ever seen instructions so accurate and clear and no, nothing was missing; actually, there was even some spare extra bits!

Anyway, back to the topic; yes, I already asked IKEA and there aren't any covers to begin with! I left a note about this in their comments box and they got back to me with a letter of acknowledgement.

Unfortunately, the widgetco site isn't loading for me at the moment. The Fisher ones look like they might do the job (18mm). I only need 8 of them though!

The caps do not have to be a perfect fit as they will be placed on top of the cabinet, which will of course be horizontal so they can't fall or slide off. They also won't come into contact with anything. Even a bit of blu-tak would do fine to secure them. I do still have the option to modify the original caps which I mentioned; they have a plain cylindrycal centre 'pin' like the confirmat ones linked to in this thread.

I'll look into those 18mm ones, thanks.

Thanks. Will post back with any developments.

Sounds like you are trying to cover the cam of cam & dowel fixings I've seen covers for them somewhere will look later.

It is usual for them to be left visible on 99% of flatpack carcases.

Jason

Not suitable as the metal part of the cam fills the hole, they are designed to push into the hole ie to fill the hole if the cam was not there.

Jason

Traveller said:
I know what I want exists, as I saw them myself in a normal small diy shop in town, however, as I said, they were the wrong colour.

Thanks.

Did you ask in this shop who there supplier was.?

Diyisfun, no I didn't; I only remembered that after I'd got home. Will definitely check to see; as far as I can remember, I think it was in one of those packets with a dark burgandy backing card; ya know the ones that you see all the time at diy places.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back