Who is attending Church on Easter Sunday?

Your argument that you can dismiss one person belief in christianty because it is not based on facts yet happily believe in a fiat money system which requires a belief in bank created credit out of thin air
They aren't even close to the same. The financial system is acknowledged to be an artificial construction based on mutual acceptance of the national value of money.

Christianity insists it isn't made up.

Sponsored Links
Your argument that you can dismiss one person belief in christianty because it is not based on facts
Just as I would dismiss someone's belief in the tooth fairy or a flat earth or a hollow moon.
yet happily believe in a fiat money system which requires a belief in bank created credit out of thin air.
I believe it because I can go to the shops right now and exchange money for something of worth.

Do you like arguing against yourself?

Belief by it's vey nature is:

an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.
"his belief in extraterrestrial life"
trust, faith, or confidence in (someone or something).

A belief by defintion does not need to be backed by evidence.

You believe in shyte yourself - what is the pound backed by? What is fiat money?

Your argument that you can dismiss one person belief in christianty because it is not based on facts yet happily believe in a fiat money system which requires a belief in bank created credit out of thin air.

So for you it's a case of my beliefs are good but others beliefs are bad - hypocrisy 101.

Nooo. HIgh coefficient of misunderesticomprehensionality there.

For me anyway - Faith is believing based on nothing. Dollops of wishful thinking and hopium involved.
Belief is based on past experience, or knowing how a mechanism works, etc.

I believe the sun will come up tomorrow, because I understand something of the movements of the bits involved, and it's never failed me yet, and I can't think what would stop it.
I believe I can get my money swapped for bitcoin or Vietnamese dong because I know the mechanism, though I've never donged.

I'm surprised at you making such a blatantly bad post. Ask yourself before posting, could a kid rip this post to bits - what could they pick out of it? If so, drop it.

Just as I would dismiss someone's belief in the tooth fairy or a flat earth or a hollow moon.

I believe it because I can go to the shops right now and exchange money for something of worth.

So explain to me why we have phenomena like a 'run on the pound' and hyperinflation.

Sponsored Links
Nooo. HIgh coefficient of misunderesticomprehensionality there.

For me anyway - Faith is believing based on nothing. Dollops of wishful thinking and hopium involved.
Belief is based on past experience, or knowing how a mechanism works, etc.

I believe the sun will come up tomorrow, because I understand something of the movements of the bits involved, and it's never failed me yet, and I can't think what would stop it.
I believe I can get my money swapped for bitcoin or Vietnamese dong because I know the mechanism, though I've never donged.

I'm surprised at you making such a blatantly bad post. Ask yourself before posting, could a kid rip this post to bits - what could they pick out of it? If so, drop it.

Again you have belief in the value of money - it is backed by nothing - the very nature of fiat money and bank created credit money system.

You again argue that one belief is correct another is wrong.

I suspect the IMF know a thing or two about money and finance.

Countries that have been down the path of high inflation experienced firsthand how the value of money essentially depends on people believing in it.

So explain to me why we have phenomena like a 'run on the pound' and hyperinflation.
I'm not sure what you mean. Yes those things can happen but it doesn't make money any less real.

I have a card in my wallet that I can spend freely with. I go out with nothing and come back with things. I don't need faith.

I like the idea of telling a plumber you'll pay him later...with good faith. Just for the look on his face. :LOL:

A long long time ago the Catholic Church would make a great deal o' dosh by selling Indulgences, basically an advance payment to get through the gates of Heaven. Now they just ask for donations to maintain the Church building.

I like the idea of telling a plumber you'll pay him later...with good faith. Just for the look on his face.
Not as good a look as when you tell a plumber the 'truth' about 'god'...

That she is black!

I like the idea of telling a plumber you'll pay him later...with good faith. Just for the look on his face. :LOL:

A long long time ago the Catholic Church would make a great deal o' dosh by selling Indulgences, basically an advance payment to get through the gates of Heaven. Now they just ask for donations to maintain the Church building.
I think Buddhists have a similar concept. Paying Dana.

and of course Tithing is not limited to good catholics, the Evangelicals like a good direct debit too.

I think Buddhists have a similar concept. Paying Dana.

that they do...a bit like the idea of 'paying it forward' when you do someone a favour and they offer money; you ask them to do another favour for someone else. i think there's more but i don't have time to google right now. Something about 'teaching'. I wandered through Buddhism on my way to Shinto and now it's all about the Zen, man. :cool:

and of course Tithing is not limited to good catholics, the Evangelicals like a good direct debit too.
I thought Evangelicals just asked you to 'put your hand on the screen'?

Again you have belief in the value of money - it is backed by nothing - the very nature of fiat money and bank created credit money system.

You again argue that one belief is correct another is wrong.

I suspect the IMF know a thing or two about money and finance.

Countries that have been down the path of high inflation experienced firsthand how the value of money essentially depends on people believing in it.
NO, not faith, belief. You still don't get it. I think you're determined not to.
It's silly to say the value of money is backed by nothing.
Very silly.
Why do you want to look silly?
Belief in money's usefulness is backed by years of experience, the knowledge of how it works, and how it can go wrong.

I believe money is likely to be useful .
It's possible that it will become worthless tomorrow, I know that. If it were faith, I'd assert that it would always be the best thing - or if I were religious about it, the only thing I'd need.
What else could I own which would be "better" for the purpose of exchange for material things - gold bars, properties??
Maybe a BIT better but I can't eat either, or live in more than one place.

Perhaps the religious are those who can't tell the difference between faith and belief.
Faith only works if you pretend they're the same thing.
Faith is blind, like infatuation.

Jesus once had a go at crucifixion - I think he nailed it.

There are people who have suffered the cruel punishment of crucifixion in the past few weeks. Convicted homosexuals in Houthi-run Yemen.

Yep, some parts of the world run by certain types of people haven't changed much since 2000 years ago. The people who run Gaza are a little more advanced. They throw the convicted homosexuals from the roofs of buildings - blind folded and hands tied. Sometimes they drag them along the highway using motorcycles until they die.

I like churches and cathedrals, and I usually find the people who pray in them to be kind souls. Some of my neighbours are that way inclined.

There are people who have suffered the cruel punishment of crucifixion in the past few weeks. Convicted homosexuals in Houthi-run Yemen.

Yep, some parts of the world run by certain types of people haven't changed much since 2000 years ago. The people who run Gaza are a little more advanced. They throw the convicted homosexuals from the roofs of buildings - blind folded and hands tied. Sometimes they drag them along the highway using motorcycles until they die.

I like churches and cathedrals, and I usually find the people who pray in them to be kind souls. Some of my neighbours are that way inclined.
Sounds like Trump's Amurica. I'm sure they still jump on the back of their pick-up trucks, chase down 'coloureds' whoopin and a hollerin and shoot black people out for a jog.

They've practically banned women from choosing what they do with their own bodies, too. Frikkin dumb RWR.

Sponsored Links
Back