Who is the First Person You Would Tell IF You Won Lotto

A friend of Mine won an 8 figure (yes, over £10M) sum on the Lottery. He told anyone who wanted to know and it did cause a lot of problems. He took some of his friends on a big holiday, but some relatively distant friends were omitted resulting in questions of why they were missed of the close friends list. So how far do you go down the acquaintance line before you reach a Cut Off. SO this guy lost a lot of so called friends as a result. He also found that people treat him differently now that he was a Multi Millionaire and could not determine who were friends and who were not.
It was a very difficult situation and he concluded that he should have told his family, moved to somewhere he was not known and re-established a new life. Everyday He regrets losing his old pals enormously but his wealth is such that his old friends cannot compete with his spending power.
We all wish to have the Luck of winning the Lottery, but believe me it has a load of problems associated with it. Maybe most would say they would love the opportunity to deal with it but until you have had the experience, the psychological consequences of such sudden wealth are un imaginable.

My barber won £75,000 on Vernons Pools many many moons ago...(Big money in those days) We discussed this after meeting up again just two years back.
His answer to the petty jealousies and the rest was to tell everyone he'd won ten grand...this gave him the means to openly buy a Jag and go on holidays etc.
He took his friends out for a booze up...and apart from a few.."You lucky Bas****" comments it was all forgotten about within a few weeks.They didn't expect him to get a round in for the rest of his life.

Sponsored Links
I dont play the lottery cos I am tight, but if I did and I were to win a considerable amount, I would tell the wife then go on holiday to sort my head out. Personally I think winning a large sum would cause turmoil in one's life. I, like many others work hard to earn money it takes up most of my time and gives me something to strive for and a sense of grounding.

I would definatly donate a large sum of money to The Evalina Childrens Hospital in London, whom are solely funded by Charity and whom provide an outstanding service to children whom have renal problems and terminal illnesses such as my late Daughter.

I think i would have to do something with it to help others.

It's not always the bed of roses people think.

In my job, working in Rehab, I have seen people who are living in opulence; their home is truly palatial. But in conversion, it soon becomes obvious it means absolutely nothing compared to the one they love suffering or on borrowed time.

I once read about men, a man, who became very depressed/suicidal because he had what I think was called 'lottery syndrome'. In short, he got: the wonderful house, the fancy cars and the women... But then came the 'is this all there is to life?'

Of course there will be those who think "lucky bastard", and "wish it was me". But there's an expression which goes "be careful what you wish for".

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_wealth_syndrome

Sponsored Links
Back