Who is the First Person You Would Tell IF You Won Lotto

Sponsored Links
The thing is, you are only truly wealthy if you and your immediate family are healthy.

Spot On Noseall- Give me the choice of Money or Health and Health wins by a million miles everytime.

Agree with that but if I had the money, I could have paid for my dad's hip replacement privately instead of him having to wait a year.

You are right Squeaky, but although a Knackered Hip is excruciatingly Painful and debilitating, it is not on the whole, life threatening, and as such time was on your Dads side. As Noseall said - all the money in the world would not cure Cancer or alleviate the myriad of other life terminating conditions such as MS, Heart Decease, Diabetes, etc etc. etc. the list is almost endless
So Health is THE most important thing in anyones life.

Sponsored Links
When i won the lotto, the Winalot guy asked what I would do with all the begging letters, of course I could only reply that I would carry on sending them...

boom-boom. Well somebody had to quote that old corny one.

I reckon that as soon the cheque goes into the Bank I would get bombarded with 'investment opportunities', and all too mnay 'advisors who only charge 5% of whatever hair-brained shame I choose to put money into.

DH

if lady luck decided to shower me with wealth,i would think extremly hard before i told anyone.
reason being even close family would automatically assume you would help them out.
question exactly how much would make them happy,because im pretty sure after they have given it a lot of thought,they would then say you were tight for only giving them so much?
your life will change in a blink of an eye,these peeps who stand there and say 'IT WONT CHANGE US' yer yes it will,they will never have to worry about bills again,so they are less stressed,havnt got to work/chase contracts or like a lot on here worry about being under cut by others or ripped off by customers.

now the question is how do you explain it when all and sundry see you move into a better house or have a lovely car or start taking holidays that in the past you have never been able to afford.or even give up work.
like us all who decide to do the lottery,you want to win the big one.i hope 1 day it will be me :rolleyes: and i hope i have the right attitude and maturity to deal with it in a sensible manner.

AND HOW ON EARTH DID THIS THREAD END UP BEING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS A PERSONNEL PREFERENCE.

After the initial reaction, and telling my partner of course, I would tell my family, (1 son and 1 daughter), that I had had a fairly decent win and give them a nice lump sum with the proviso they didn't come looking for more so spend/invest it wisely. I would also set up trust funds for my 5 grand children which they would not be able to access till they were about 30 years old. After giving generous donations to a number of British childrens charities and hospitals I would move to an area where I was not known and begin a new life. If it transpired that someone did find out and the begging letters started arriving they, along with old friends who suddenly look you up, would be unceremoniously dumped without even being opened. If I choose to give to charity its because I have looked for those charities I think deserve it.
One of the first to receive a huge donation would be this one;

http://www.starlight.org.uk/

Most of you won't bother to click on the link. To those of you who do I hope you agree they deserve all the help they can get.

Conny, have you given to that charity?

I have not given anything to them but I'm getting fed up with giving to charities only to then be bombarded with begging letters from them for more. Any charity that does that gets binned.

I give what I can/want but spending what I've given them trying to get more out of me ****s me right off.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Yes AJ. I try to raise money for them on a regular basis. They don't contact you other than to email you a receipt for your donation. You can also donate to various charities when you buy things on line. Well to be truthful, it doesn't cost you anything, I do this with Starlight. the organisation you are buying from donates a percentage of your purchase to the charity of your choice on your behalf.

www.giveasyoulive.com

When my brother died back in 2004 neither me nor my sister knew, or ever thought, he had anything other than a very dilapidated house which would be the car equivalent of a write off.

Long story short, not a lottery win but money just the same, he'd scrimped and saved all his life and together with his old house we ended up with £130,000! :eek:

I'd give it all back, and more, to be with him just one more night :cry: I knew my life would never be the same again. Yes, I have learned to laugh and carry on, because that's what he'd want. But nothing is more important than the welfare and happiness of those you love; certainly not money...

Yes AJ. I try to raise money for them on a regular basis. They don't contact you other than to email you a receipt for your donation. You can also donate to various charities when you buy things on line. Well to be truthful, it doesn't cost you anything, I do this with Starlight. the organisation you are buying from donates a percentage of your purchase to the charity of your choice on your behalf.

www.giveasyoulive.com

Thanks Conny. I've bookmarked that link.

So you laughed all the way to the bank then. :mrgreen:

www.giveasyoulive.com

Thanks Conny. I've bookmarked that link.

Hope a few others do as well JB. As I've said, its not actually you donating but the companies you buy from so its costing you nothing.

(Here's where Joe comes back and says they stick it on the selling price, :rolleyes: )

Sponsored Links
Back