Who is there to vote for?

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
I think there's a phrase for it in politics, relates to a point in time that's reached when a political party has been in power for a lengthy period and has become tired. To some extent, even if they're still doing some good, when this stage is reached, the electorate is desperate for change.

That stage has been reached for the Tories and, here in Scotland, the SNP. Alas our Hollyrood elections aren't scheduled until 2026.

Sponsored Links
We face challenges on a domestic, international and global scale which have no palatable solutions. I'm pretty pessimistic about the future, really for the first time in my life.

The West as a whole seems to be facing long term low economic growth and an ageing population. I don't pretend to know what is needed. I do know that forcing half a million overs 50s with bad backs to pick fruit and veg, or other similar suggestions, isn't the answer.

We have a madman running Russia, who will keep on threatening nuclear war every time he doesn't get his own way.

And for those, like me, who believe in man made global warming, there is an existential threat.

Sponsored Links
I liked Blair, hence why he got my vote. But I now believe we are in this state as a country, in part is down to him.
It is, but as the tories have had 14 years maybe time for someone else to have a go. Look at your local labour candidate and what he could do for the area, if labour get elected.

It is, but as the tories have had 14 years maybe time for someone else to have a go. Look at your local labour candidate and what he could do for the area, if labour get elected.
It's a shame. I knew my local one. He was a decent fella. For some reason he resigned after the local elections.

I seem to recall it was the Conservatives who flogged:

all the council houses
electricity
water
gas
local authority services
prisons
blood service
numerous NHS services

I guess you arent really very informed about British politics....a bit like you dont know anything about climate change, covid vaccine or brexit

I seem to recall it was the Conservatives who flogged:

all the council houses
electricity
water
gas
local authority services
prisons
blood service
numerous NHS services

I guess you arent really very informed about British politics....a bit like you dont know anything about climate change, covid vaccine or brexit

I meant gold as in well know.

When Labour mess it up, they will do, you can always ignore all your Labour loving posts and revert back to slating them.

Brexit happened because people voted for it, I didn’t, you did.

There’s a pattern here…..

I meant gold as in well know.
you said assets

the Conservatives have sold most of the UK govts assets

Gordon Brown sold gold, he made a mistake selling at a low price but selling it was the correct decision

There’s a pattern here…..
yes thats true

NWGS keeps changing his mind

first he says he supported remain, then he changes his mind

NWGS is a right wing supporter who says:
I was labour until JC ruined the party.

Poor old NWGS, accuses me of changing my mind when in fact he flip flops more often than the tide :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back