Who is there to vote for?

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Please note the thread title..........." Who is there to vote for"
Trump shouldn't be on the list in any sane persons mind, in any country.

The fact you put him up as the man to vote for says a lot, regardless

yes thats true

NWGS keeps changing his mind

first he says he supported remain, then he changes his mind

NWGS is a right wing supporter who says:

Poor old NWGS, accuses me of changing my mind when in fact he flip flops more often than the tide :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Really ?

If we say you voted for Brexit and changed your mind and I didn’t but changed my mind, that’s about even.

You’ve a long waaaayyy to go with politics Notchy lad.

Sponsored Links
Why was selling our gold the correct decision ?
It wasn’t! We all know that.

A few papers etc have tried to explain it, but gold is gold! They aren’t making anymore

Take Notchy with a pinch is salt.

Again your understanding fails you, nowhere did I say or imply that he is the man to vote for.
A post that says

"Trump"

In a thread titled

"Who is there to vote for"

And it's my understanding thats wrong? Ok

Really ?

If we say you voted for Brexit and changed your mind and I didn’t but changed my mind, that’s about even.

You’ve a long waaaayyy to go with politics Notchy lad.
Poor NWGS changes his mind like the wind

one minute he is a lifetime Labour supporter then next he is a rabid brexer and Trump lover....and a fully paid up member of right wing populist conspiracy theories.

NWGS says he is a remainer, watches 7 years of brexit failure then decides he supports brexit

Why was selling our gold the correct decision ?
the decision to sell off gold mightve cost the UK £5b

Algas voted for brexit which has probably cost UK in excess of £100b and imposed economic sanctions on itself

It has also been argued that the sale of the gold reserves was a positive decision in that gold had been historically under-performing and was paying no dividends to the Exchequer and the sale enabled the UK Government to pay off a substantial part of the national debt and keep repayment interest rates down on the remainder

While Gordon Brown could have sold at a better price, for the vast majority of governments across established economies, there is no real point to holding gold.

The purpose of foreign exchange reserves is not for the state to manage wealth on behalf of the country. People should do this for themselves.

UK reserves should only really be used to underpin monetary policy, and to halt any possible crisis such as a significant run on the pound, not as any kind of sovereign wealth fund. The trouble is that gold is not well suited as a state asset, as its value is very likely to drop as soon as it is deployed as a government intervention mechanism.

The market is of course very different to that of two decades years ago, and any government selling today will not have anywhere near the same impact. But this doesn’t change the cold hard truth that gold is a market best fit for sophisticated speculators, not the state.

It has also been argued that the sale of the gold reserves was a positive decision in that gold had been historically under-performing and was paying no dividends to the Exchequer and the sale enabled the UK Government to pay off a substantial part of the national debt and keep repayment interest rates down on the remainder
Correct
While Gordon Brown could have sold at a better price, for the vast majority of governments across established economies, there is no real point to holding gold.
Not correct. The sale had hardly any effect on the price of gold.b There were theories that it would.

Wait for some increase due to world problems - probably not have the desired effect as other factors tend to change as well.

Where it can be useful is a relatively safe store for money made on investments that become over valued especially if people got in early, These things may take years to crash but do,

Sponsored Links
Back